Case 1835b Hydraulic Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dj1835b

Hey everyone, thanks in advance. I have a case 1835b that I purchased this fall I knew it needed work, but now I'm at a stand still. Before I did anything to it, it had a bad leak, but I couldn't track it down. I have since replaced almost every hose underneath and replaced both drive motors and filters. Upon firing it up and on blocks, the right side operates fine and the left side reverse works fine, but when I try to move the left side forward, it goes under stress and almost kills the motor. What are my best options to go after from here? Thanks again

Gearclash

The first thing I would check is the park lock. It does not make sense that the left side can move in reverse but not forward, but since the park lock engages the left front driven sprocket that is what I would check at this point. There is a large pin that engages holes bored in the body of the left front driven sprocket; be sure that the pin has plenty of clearance when the park lock lever in in the unlocked position.

OP
OP
D

dj1835b

The first thing I would check is the park lock. It does not make sense that the left side can move in reverse but not forward, but since the park lock engages the left front driven sprocket that is what I would check at this point. There is a large pin that engages holes bored in the body of the left front driven sprocket; be sure that the pin has plenty of clearance when the park lock lever in in the unlocked position.
Thanks for the response Gearclash. A few others guys have mentioned that on different forums, but I have the parking pin retracted all the way manually. At first it was engaged due to us unhooking everything to install the new drive motors so the left side wouldn't move at all. The machine is up on blocks and I can manually rotate the right side back and forth untill I meet resistance, but the left side I can only move the wheels in reverse. The machine is not running so there shouldn't be resistance from the pumps I assume. Someone mentioned the chain could be binding, but I can't see anything and it has good tension. Before I tore the machine apart it leaked so badly until I lost pressure and couldn't move or operate the bucket, but I could move. So I'm wondering now that I fixed the leak is it unearthing a larger issue with the pump and not having correct return? Sorry for the novel, but hard to explain it otherwise. Thanks.

Gearclash

Thanks for the response Gearclash. A few others guys have mentioned that on different forums, but I have the parking pin retracted all the way manually. At first it was engaged due to us unhooking everything to install the new drive motors so the left side wouldn't move at all. The machine is up on blocks and I can manually rotate the right side back and forth untill I meet resistance, but the left side I can only move the wheels in reverse. The machine is not running so there shouldn't be resistance from the pumps I assume. Someone mentioned the chain could be binding, but I can't see anything and it has good tension. Before I tore the machine apart it leaked so badly until I lost pressure and couldn't move or operate the bucket, but I could move. So I'm wondering now that I fixed the leak is it unearthing a larger issue with the pump and not having correct return? Sorry for the novel, but hard to explain it otherwise. Thanks.
"The machine is up on blocks and I can manually rotate the right side back and forth untill I meet resistance, but the left side I can only move the wheels in reverse. The machine is not running so there shouldn't be resistance from the pumps I assume." When the pumps are in a zero displacement state, they are going to be what stops the wheel motors and there for the wheels from turning. Any rotation of the wheels will be from backlash in driveline. It sounds like the right side has normal backlash; if the left side only exhibits backlash in one direction I would suspect there is a wheel bearing partially out and the bearing rollers are piled up and acting like a one way sprague.