Case 1835 Hydraulic Leak - Need some Guidance

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

redcheetah

I have a Case 1835 Skid steer that I use for personal use around the house. It has been a great machine but a small hydraulic fluid leak has tuned into a big one and I need to get it fixed. I took the front body cladding off to get a better look at the issue but I can't isolate the issue from the front or rear of the unit. Can anyone give an idea of where this leak might be coming from? The skid used to mark it's territory with a few drops but now it is leaving puddles causing me to have to refill it before every use. Is there any chance I may be overfilling it? I fill it to the point that the visual indicator in the back of the unit registers full. Thanks for any input.

dune33

all you can do is open it up, pressure wash and look for the leaks, can you flip the cab over ?that willl help. i would start with the lines and fittings first. if the leak is that bad you will see wheare it's coming from. good luck.

glen2023

I have a Case 1835 Skid steer that I use for personal use around the house. It has been a great machine but a small hydraulic fluid leak has tuned into a big one and I need to get it fixed. I took the front body cladding off to get a better look at the issue but I can't isolate the issue from the front or rear of the unit. Can anyone give an idea of where this leak might be coming from? The skid used to mark it's territory with a few drops but now it is leaving puddles causing me to have to refill it before every use. Is there any chance I may be overfilling it? I fill it to the point that the visual indicator in the back of the unit registers full. Thanks for any input.
I have the same problem did you find the cause and how did you fix it ?

Howard L

HI, I have an 1835 from the 80's and have had a couple of hose leaks under the cover where your feet rest. There are quite a few hoses and they wear through where they rub against each other and other things aided by the grit in the dirt that settles in there. You have to get that cover removed and dig through the muck to find the source of the leak. Then you'll probably need to drain the hydraulic fluid, maybe at the radiator connections would be best? Then get the right wrenches and remove the hose, being careful not to twist the metal hydraulic lines they are connected to, and take it to a shop that builds hoses. We have an auto supply near here that has done that for me, in a day or so for $30-$40.
Hopefully that is the problem and not something worse like a seal on the hydraulic pump etc.
Good Luck.