Case 1818

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ranger505

Hi all,
I have a 1992 case 1818 skid loader recently the tilt bucket was sluggish so I put a new hydraulic filter and new oil thinking maybe it may help. Today I was moving gravel and the tilt and the up and down is real week. I took it to a shop to put belts on it about eight months ago. It has never operated the same sense they put new belts, and when I got it back, the neutral lever does not work anymore sometimes if you have it in neutral and you push the levers to go forward it will still go forward, he told me that the pivot points are wore out on the motors. I'm not real familiar with that. Any ideas if that has anything to do with the bucket lifting or tilting I do have a repair manual I just really don't understand the adjustments. I have about 1300 hrs on the machine.

Attachments

• IMG_1607.jpeg
    IMG_1607.jpeg
    706 KB · Views: 42
I also have the 1818 Case. The last two could be the year and it may be a 1986 vintage. It has the ownan eng you said. Mine also but I never had a problem with that aspect of the unit. So I think and it's a guess that one of the motor reliefs could either be sticking open or out of adjustment at the valve bank. You may need to pressure Test the system to find that out. Sounds like lack of pressure to the cylinder rods and that could be the valve bank as I mentioned. If you have a repair manual see it it mentions any of that in the trouble shooting. I don't have mine here now but that's a good start. Any leaks? Are the lockin levers moving the valves where it connects. Off the top of my head. Pull the seat and floor panel to see the routings if you have not done so yet. How's the engine holding up for you? You could have a bad pump also. The pressure testing will tell more. You may need someone who knows more to help you.

Last edited:
I also have the 1818 Case. The last two could be the year and it may be a 1986 vintage. It has the ownan eng you said. Mine also but I never had a problem with that aspect of the unit. So I think and it's a guess that one of the motor reliefs could either be sticking open or out of adjustment at the valve bank. You may need to pressure Test the system to find that out. Sounds like lack of pressure to the cylinder rods and that could be the valve bank as I mentioned. If you have a repair manual see it it mentions any of that in the trouble shooting. I don't have mine here now but that's a good start. Any leaks? Are the lockin levers moving the valves where it connects. Off the top of my head. Pull the seat and floor panel to see the routings if you have not done so yet. How's the engine holding up for you? You could have a bad pump also. The pressure testing will tell more. You may need someone who knows more to help you.
One more thing on this some guy told you pivot points are worn? Does he mean the mounting of the pump? If so I don't buy that. Check the belt tensions again to see if they are sloppy. Belts loose? I think one side or pump is for the tilt and lift and the other pump is for the forward and reverse. The issue is with the side that is for the hydraulic lift and tilt. Again if not the belts loose then that leaves the relief valves or that lock in lever not opening the port. All cable engagement. How about the engagement lever on the floor that is another place to look. What that engages etc. Engine drive belt? Engine loose? Small things first my friend. Good Luck with this and keep us all posted.

Last edited:

Latest posts