Case 1740 Hard to Start?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CLi87

I recently got a Case 1740 with the 4 cylinder diesel, it runs great once started but it takes a lot of cranks before she'll fire up, I was thinking glow plugs at first but there doesn't seem to be any glow plugs on this engine, any ideas what else could cause it to have a hard time starting?

brdgbldr

I recently got a Case 1740 with the 4 cylinder diesel, it runs great once started but it takes a lot of cranks before she'll fire up, I was thinking glow plugs at first but there doesn't seem to be any glow plugs on this engine, any ideas what else could cause it to have a hard time starting?
Could be a bad injector or low compression.

OP
OP
C

CLi87

How do I check compression on this engine? I'm a BMW tech so very familiar with engines in general but don't really know anything about these diesels, and how do the injectors work? Are they electronic injectors controlled by a computer or do they function differently?

foton

if this engine was made I would guess before 2005 or around there it should have a mechanical pump that runs off the crank , no electronic injectors.