Case 1530B throttle cable to carb/governor linkage?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dhardin53

Got a question for any Wisconsin VG4D users. I'm installing a new Wisconsin rebuilt motor in my 1530B Case skid steer. I did not take it out so i don't know just where the wire throttle coming from the hand control is attached to the linkage to the carb/ Governor system. A pic would be a pic of a thousand words. I have looked at all the on line info i can get to and don't find where it connects. Sorry sounds so simple but i am doing something wrong. What i have is a nice rebuilt motor running wild with RPMs when i hooked it up to the governor arm that to me seeming to be the right place to pull from. I appears someone has removed the PCV valve, and its running a hose pipe direct to the intake. Could this be a passable problem as well? Plus where i have it now it seems pulling the wrong direction. It must be more than just linkage, because if i unhook the governor and all linkages and try to ideal it by hand the motor still runs full throttle. Thanks for the help in advance guys

bobcat1505

have worked on many a vh4d but not vg4d, but here are some basics.
you should have a rod from the top hole in govenor to the carbuertor. a spring is normaly used in one of the lower hole to the throttle linkage or wire. if you have a rod from carb to gov. and start engine you should be able to adjust speed. you should also feel alot of preasure on the govenor rod when trying to raise rpms if not something is wrong with govenor.

OP
OP
D

dhardin53

have worked on many a vh4d but not vg4d, but here are some basics.
you should have a rod from the top hole in govenor to the carbuertor. a spring is normaly used in one of the lower hole to the throttle linkage or wire. if you have a rod from carb to gov. and start engine you should be able to adjust speed. you should also feel alot of preasure on the govenor rod when trying to raise rpms if not something is wrong with govenor.
I do have a rob from cab to governor arm. from this governor arm there is a spring that has a rod on the back end of it. this rod is attached to a fulcrum type assembly on the back of the motor back under the intakes by the fuel pump. This is how i got the motor. On this fulcrum type assembly is a place to attach the throttle cable (shaft). But there is no place to secure the throttle cable (housing) to the frame so the cable will not move with the throttle movement. Its like out there with no place to secure it to. All the on line downloads i found ether did not show the fulcrum or in any way show its application the the throttle cable. Up date on this VG4D, It is a military surplus motor. i was told it was never run, but i have come to find someone has had the intake manifold off, they did not put intake gaskets on. (It sucking air here real bad). As well as the did not have a PCV valve in the bottom of the intake. there was a brass fitting running the crank case breather tube straight into the intake. This is why the motor is running wild RPMs. I have parts ordered. For now i have put a plug in the intake and can get it to run at a slow RPM. but its sucking air around there intake with no gaskets it will not run smooth. I picked up the gaskets yesterday and the PCV vale and a service manual is coming soon. All in all this fulcrum peace is I'm guessing is a new version of a way to adjust the cab. There is a thumb screw that adjust the tightness of the spring from the governor. For now i have the throttle cable secured to the top of the bolt on the carb to air cleaner hose. This makes the end of the throdle cable run some 7 or 8 inches back to the fulcrum quite unsupported and looks wrong to me. But there is no place that i see for it to be supported or attached. I'm a lot father than i was and thank you Bobcat1505.

Latest posts