Can I hook up this backhoe to my 853?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Hey guys, I found a Bradco 9HD backhoe, will it connect to my 853 or, can it be adapted?.
Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
The 853 is a pretty hefty machine, i see no reason why it can't be addapted. Just as long as it doesn't weigh more than your machine can lift (which i seriously doubt). I see no problem with making an adaptor plate and the hydraulic flow would be more than enough.

skidsteer.ca

The 853 is a pretty hefty machine, i see no reason why it can't be addapted. Just as long as it doesn't weigh more than your machine can lift (which i seriously doubt). I see no problem with making an adaptor plate and the hydraulic flow would be more than enough.
If its dig depth is in the 9 or 10 ft range and the weight is 1500 lbs give or take you will be fine.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Here is a picture, I'm not sure how the 'top' paer hooks up?. I think I use trailer balls on mine?.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u253/perrynboo/?action=view&current=backhoe.jpg
Looks good!
Trailer balls will work just fine. The only thing you need to watch as i found out the hard way was to make sure the arms that sit out to couple to the trailer balls is strong. You may even need to weld a 45 degree gusset under it to take the load to prevent the joint cracking. I had to make an elbow to fit mine and it has cracked, i just need to reinforce it a little and it will be perfect.

OP
OP
P

perry

Looks good!
Trailer balls will work just fine. The only thing you need to watch as i found out the hard way was to make sure the arms that sit out to couple to the trailer balls is strong. You may even need to weld a 45 degree gusset under it to take the load to prevent the joint cracking. I had to make an elbow to fit mine and it has cracked, i just need to reinforce it a little and it will be perfect.
Tazza, it doesn't have the hookups for trailer balls, it looks like some sort of 'clamp'?

skidsteer.ca

Tazza, it doesn't have the hookups for trailer balls, it looks like some sort of 'clamp'?
Perry
You can get either hook or ball mounts for the loader, but the bradco hoe is not made to fit either.
The newer Bobcat hook system is made very heavy duty, because it holds the hoe and you lift arms up 6" from bottom to get better ground clearance under the hoe.
I'm not sure what type of stabilizer Bradco uses for the bucket dump cylinder, but you need something. The quickest and easiest to date I have seen was a quick release top link from a farm tractor 3pt hitch. JD makes them and NH too, Likely under $150. They are adjustable for lenght. You would weld 2 ears on the loader (on the loader frame where you step, either side of the bucket cylinder) with a pin through them and a ball around the pins. Then the 3pt top link just snaps overtop. I wish I had taken pics of the 911 pro JD hoe I had, it was on a Cat loader and used this setup. It looked to be holding up well.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
You can get either hook or ball mounts for the loader, but the bradco hoe is not made to fit either.
The newer Bobcat hook system is made very heavy duty, because it holds the hoe and you lift arms up 6" from bottom to get better ground clearance under the hoe.
I'm not sure what type of stabilizer Bradco uses for the bucket dump cylinder, but you need something. The quickest and easiest to date I have seen was a quick release top link from a farm tractor 3pt hitch. JD makes them and NH too, Likely under $150. They are adjustable for lenght. You would weld 2 ears on the loader (on the loader frame where you step, either side of the bucket cylinder) with a pin through them and a ball around the pins. Then the 3pt top link just snaps overtop. I wish I had taken pics of the 911 pro JD hoe I had, it was on a Cat loader and used this setup. It looked to be holding up well.
Ken
Thanks, I'll look it over and see.....

Fishfiles

Thanks, I'll look it over and see.....
Perry , would you consider coming to New Orleans for a hoe , I have a buddy that has a Bobcat backhoe attachment that he told me was for sale , don't know model number or price , it looks like it was very seldom used , personally I have been in to heavy equipment since 1976 and have never seen one on a machine working except on video , but have seen a few laying around in yards , seems very arkward and would only be good for straight shot in wide open areas

farmboy55

Perry , would you consider coming to New Orleans for a hoe , I have a buddy that has a Bobcat backhoe attachment that he told me was for sale , don't know model number or price , it looks like it was very seldom used , personally I have been in to heavy equipment since 1976 and have never seen one on a machine working except on video , but have seen a few laying around in yards , seems very arkward and would only be good for straight shot in wide open areas
I havve a Bobcat 709 on my 853, paid 3 grand for it on ebay 15 & 24' buckets. A backhoe on a skidsteer is useless unless you have it mounted solid when in use. If you've not bought the Bradco, get one made to fit the 853. dennis

OP
OP
P

perry

I havve a Bobcat 709 on my 853, paid 3 grand for it on ebay 15 & 24' buckets. A backhoe on a skidsteer is useless unless you have it mounted solid when in use. If you've not bought the Bradco, get one made to fit the 853. dennis
The price might be better than I can ignore, haven't seen it in person yet. Probably see it this weekend.
Fish, I don't really need a backhoe, just keeping my eye open for a fairly good deal locally. I might later?.