C185

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mkuik

Hello all. I just purchased a 2007 NH C185. When I bought it everything worked fine however when I took it off the trailer at home the boom will not go up. Bucket tilts back and forth and loader moves forward and backward but boom will not operate. I checked door switch and it seems to be working fine. Please help!!

skidsteer.ca

Is this foot pedals or pilot controls?
Does the machine labour when you move the valve?
Ken

OP
OP
M

mkuik

Is this foot pedals or pilot controls?
Does the machine labour when you move the valve?
Ken
This is a pedal machine. The machine moves freely and the buckets tilts forward and back but the boom will not go up or down. I cannot press down on the boom pedal it is locked out. I have checked the door switch and it seems fine.

Tazza

Staff member
This is a pedal machine. The machine moves freely and the buckets tilts forward and back but the boom will not go up or down. I cannot press down on the boom pedal it is locked out. I have checked the door switch and it seems fine.
Ensure your seat bar is down and the seat hasn't got something stuck under it preventing the sensor (if fitted) from operating. It may have a seat belt switch? if its not working it may lock the hdraulics out on you.
It sounds like a safety valve not operating, check the switches first.

skidsteer.ca

Ensure your seat bar is down and the seat hasn't got something stuck under it preventing the sensor (if fitted) from operating. It may have a seat belt switch? if its not working it may lock the hdraulics out on you.
It sounds like a safety valve not operating, check the switches first.
The spool lock solinoid on the lift spool of the main hydraulic valve has stopped functioning. Remove the cover between your feet to acess the valve and look for a plug with 2 16 ga wires coming from it. Check the wire conections and see if power is going there. There must be power going to the tilt spool locking solinoid as it unlocks.
Unscrew this solinoid from the lift spool valve and order a new one.
Ken

OP
OP
M

mkuik

The spool lock solinoid on the lift spool of the main hydraulic valve has stopped functioning. Remove the cover between your feet to acess the valve and look for a plug with 2 16 ga wires coming from it. Check the wire conections and see if power is going there. There must be power going to the tilt spool locking solinoid as it unlocks.
Unscrew this solinoid from the lift spool valve and order a new one.
Ken
Thanks for the replies. I spent all night on the machine and found out that there is no power going to the lock out solenoid. If I disconnect plug and wire 12 volts from an external battery the boom goes up and down. If I open the door the boom stops and when I close the door the boom will go up and down same as before. I f I disconnect my external battery and plug back into the machine the boom will not work. This tells me that I am not getting power to the solenoid. I checked all the fuses I could find and came up with nothing. I then opened up the overhead console to see if there were any fuses under the cover by the key switch and now I have absolutely nothing at all. The loader will not start and the key switch will not do anything at all. I sit on the seat and the display lights up and beeps so I put on the seatbelt and the seat belt warning light goes out but the key will not do anything at all. At least before it would run!. I must be missing some fuses somewhere. Any more advice? I could sure use it now!!!!.

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for the replies. I spent all night on the machine and found out that there is no power going to the lock out solenoid. If I disconnect plug and wire 12 volts from an external battery the boom goes up and down. If I open the door the boom stops and when I close the door the boom will go up and down same as before. I f I disconnect my external battery and plug back into the machine the boom will not work. This tells me that I am not getting power to the solenoid. I checked all the fuses I could find and came up with nothing. I then opened up the overhead console to see if there were any fuses under the cover by the key switch and now I have absolutely nothing at all. The loader will not start and the key switch will not do anything at all. I sit on the seat and the display lights up and beeps so I put on the seatbelt and the seat belt warning light goes out but the key will not do anything at all. At least before it would run!. I must be missing some fuses somewhere. Any more advice? I could sure use it now!!!!.
Did you move that toggle switch in the overhead fuse compartment? Try it in the service position to see if the engine will crank then. Your foot pedals will be locked in service mode, but it bypasses the seatbelt and seat switch.
Shoot me a email, I have some trouble shooting literature.
ken at skidsteer.ca

OP
OP
M

mkuik

Did you move that toggle switch in the overhead fuse compartment? Try it in the service position to see if the engine will crank then. Your foot pedals will be locked in service mode, but it bypasses the seatbelt and seat switch.
Shoot me a email, I have some trouble shooting literature.
ken at skidsteer.ca
Where do I find your email address. There is no toggle switch in the overhead that I can find anyway.

skidsteer.ca

Where do I find your email address. There is no toggle switch in the overhead that I can find anyway.
I type this with "at" instead or @ because spammer software searches the web for emails to send junk mail to, looking for anything with @ in between some letters, as its always a email.
ken at skidsteer.ca
remove the "at" and spaces between ken and skidsteer and insert @ instead
I'll remove this one after you have it.
[email protected]
Ken

Latest posts