C185 Pre-Purchase inspection

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Basketcase

Hello guys. I have a deposit on a C185 that will suit my needs well. Its a 2007 with 4k hours. Its not beat, but it is well used. There are a few little things that it will need, but there are a couple of things I need advice on. I only drove it briefly. It was not warmed up and I was only at idle. The machine moves forward instantly when you push controls forward. Side to side and reverse sometimes had a delay of about 1 sec. He said once its warmed up, and at higher RPM, it is usually fine, but sometimes reverse still delays a little. The spool valves are seeping at the controls if that makes any difference. Is this a legitimate concern? What could cause this? Also, it is in low speed and the high speed will not activate. Works fine in low speed. This is electronically controlled. Most likely switch/solenoid or something bigger? Aside from pins with 4k hours on them and some hokey quick fixes to some minor things, it seems like a good machine and is priced very well. I am just a homeowner looking for a machine around the property. Not using this for production work. Thanks for any advice y'all can offer!