C185 blowing off return line

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chatcher

I have an 07 C185 with 800 hrs on it. It currently will not allow the return line on the back of the tank to remain on. Or if I get it to stay on it will blow out the side of the rubber hose between the steel line and plastic tank connection. Most of the time it just blows the hose right off. I have emptied the tank more times then I care to remember from this line blowing off so I called my local dealer. I have had a NH tech out twice and he has no clue. Any help would be greatly app.

JDWY

Any chance your fuel tank should have a vented cap and it's been replaced with a non-vented? I've seen that in past years on other diesel powered vehicles and the pressure actually bulged out the steel tank.

mllud

Any chance your fuel tank should have a vented cap and it's been replaced with a non-vented? I've seen that in past years on other diesel powered vehicles and the pressure actually bulged out the steel tank.
Check that the fitting where the return line connects to the tank isn't plugged. Buy a new fuel cap or drill a very small hole. You could leave the cap loose to see if that helps. Vented caps get plugged up. especially diesel.

OP
OP
C

chatcher

Check that the fitting where the return line connects to the tank isn't plugged. Buy a new fuel cap or drill a very small hole. You could leave the cap loose to see if that helps. Vented caps get plugged up. especially diesel.
Sorry about the confusion but I was having problems with the hydraulic return line on the back of the tank. I think I may have solved it though. The side that connected to the plastic fitting on the tank had a metal ring inside the hose clamp that we assumed needed to be there however it appears that without it stays together better. So far so good.