Bypass Hand Controls for Backhoe on 763

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mmuzzatti

Hi All, I picked up a small backhoe for my 763 and hooked it up. No problem but I cannot get oil to the unit. If I play with the controls, the upper right control panel I push the button and the green light comes on. Then the toggle switch on the right hand control allows for oil to go to the unit. If I hold that switch to the left I can work the controls of the backhoe fine. How do you get it to work separate of the hand controls. I saw a posting about bypassing the hand control but it did not state how to do it. Thanks Marcello

TriHonu

http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=35497
I dont have a 763 or hand controls, but I have read of people having this porblem before. This thread may help you, or try searching aux hydraulic controls.

Good Luck.
If you push the Auxiliary Hydraulic button once, it will activate momentary operation.
You can then use the button on the front of the right handle.
Rocking the button to the left directs hydraulic pressure in to one coupler with return flow in the other going back to the tank.
Rocking the button to the right will direct pressure in the other coupler. This allows you to control double acting hydraulic cylinders.

If you press the Auxiliary Hydraulic button a second time you will activate constant flow hydraulics.
To turn on hydraulic flow press and release the trigger button on the right handle.
This will allow you to operate your backhoe. You should see the hoses jump a little when the flow starts. If there is flow and the hoe is not operating properly, you may have to swap the flat face couplers with each other on the hoe hoses. Some backhoe attachment valves are set up to only work if the oil is flowing through the valve in the proper direction.
To stop the flow, press and release the trigger button on the right handle a second time.

OP
OP
M

mmuzzatti

If you push the Auxiliary Hydraulic button once, it will activate momentary operation.
You can then use the button on the front of the right handle.
Rocking the button to the left directs hydraulic pressure in to one coupler with return flow in the other going back to the tank.
Rocking the button to the right will direct pressure in the other coupler. This allows you to control double acting hydraulic cylinders.

If you press the Auxiliary Hydraulic button a second time you will activate constant flow hydraulics.
To turn on hydraulic flow press and release the trigger button on the right handle.
This will allow you to operate your backhoe. You should see the hoses jump a little when the flow starts. If there is flow and the hoe is not operating properly, you may have to swap the flat face couplers with each other on the hoe hoses. Some backhoe attachment valves are set up to only work if the oil is flowing through the valve in the proper direction.
To stop the flow, press and release the trigger button on the right handle a second time.
OK, I should have know that this was a simple task but here is what happened. I did the switch on and the hose jumps on the first click. When i hit it twice it looks like it stays on but nothing happens. If I use the toggle switch and hold the switch to the left I can work the backhoe with no problem. After reading more of what you wrote I am now going to swap the couplers and reverse it and see what happens. I can't do it till next weekend so I will keep you posted. Thanks for the info. M

TriHonu

OK, I should have know that this was a simple task but here is what happened. I did the switch on and the hose jumps on the first click. When i hit it twice it looks like it stays on but nothing happens. If I use the toggle switch and hold the switch to the left I can work the backhoe with no problem. After reading more of what you wrote I am now going to swap the couplers and reverse it and see what happens. I can't do it till next weekend so I will keep you posted. Thanks for the info. M
To turn constant flow on and off you use the TRIGGER on the bucket side of the right handle.
When you push the button on the dash the hose shouldn't jump. The button is just activating either the rocker switch or the trigger on the right handle. The hose should move when you start hydraulic oil moving with the rocker or trigger switch on the right handle.

OP
OP
M

mmuzzatti

To turn constant flow on and off you use the TRIGGER on the bucket side of the right handle.
When you push the button on the dash the hose shouldn't jump. The button is just activating either the rocker switch or the trigger on the right handle. The hose should move when you start hydraulic oil moving with the rocker or trigger switch on the right handle.
Yes I did hit the trigger, not sure why it would not keep it constant even after doing the double trigger to keep it constant. The reason I stated the toggle switch was to let you know that the backhoe was not the problem and that it did work. My thoughts are that if I try to reverse the couplings on the back hoe it will work as you stated that some backhoes may flow opposite. Could the trigger be bad for the double switch effect? I appreciate your responses and am so happy to have people on here that know what they are talking about and take the TIME to write back......thanks again! Marcello

bobbie-g

Yes I did hit the trigger, not sure why it would not keep it constant even after doing the double trigger to keep it constant. The reason I stated the toggle switch was to let you know that the backhoe was not the problem and that it did work. My thoughts are that if I try to reverse the couplings on the back hoe it will work as you stated that some backhoes may flow opposite. Could the trigger be bad for the double switch effect? I appreciate your responses and am so happy to have people on here that know what they are talking about and take the TIME to write back......thanks again! Marcello
Marcello, tnx for the nice words! Too many folks join the forum, ask a question, then never acknowledge the answers, and never let anyone know the resolution to the problem. Frustrating for me, at least. OK, I have a 1995 751 that I use a backhoe with. I have a simple machine panel, very basic. I have a button and two green lights on the right several inches below the meter panel. Push the button once, get one light. Now, the trigger control is "momentary". Pull the trigger, and I get aux hydraulics flow, but it stops when I release the trigger. Now, push the button a second time, and I get two lights. Now, the trigger toggles aux hyd flow on and off. Hit it once, and I have flow to the backhoe. Hit the trigger again, and the flow stops. Perhaps this is useful in some sense to you, even if you have a different "button-ology" on your 763. :) ---RC

OP
OP
M

mmuzzatti

Marcello, tnx for the nice words! Too many folks join the forum, ask a question, then never acknowledge the answers, and never let anyone know the resolution to the problem. Frustrating for me, at least. OK, I have a 1995 751 that I use a backhoe with. I have a simple machine panel, very basic. I have a button and two green lights on the right several inches below the meter panel. Push the button once, get one light. Now, the trigger control is "momentary". Pull the trigger, and I get aux hydraulics flow, but it stops when I release the trigger. Now, push the button a second time, and I get two lights. Now, the trigger toggles aux hyd flow on and off. Hit it once, and I have flow to the backhoe. Hit the trigger again, and the flow stops. Perhaps this is useful in some sense to you, even if you have a different "button-ology" on your 763. :) ---RC
Thanks will try that I too have the same green lights and will give that a shot this weekend. On another note on the left panel above the key switch is a rocker switch with a yellow light in it. Is this my High Flow switch? It appears to have a design of two gears facing each other and a flow line through the center. Will take a picture of it this weekend and post it. Once I get this figured out I will post everything I did so that another person will be able to solve their problem too! Take care and Thanks again! M

TriHonu

Thanks will try that I too have the same green lights and will give that a shot this weekend. On another note on the left panel above the key switch is a rocker switch with a yellow light in it. Is this my High Flow switch? It appears to have a design of two gears facing each other and a flow line through the center. Will take a picture of it this weekend and post it. Once I get this figured out I will post everything I did so that another person will be able to solve their problem too! Take care and Thanks again! M
1. Start loader.
2. Seat bar down.
3. Press and release Auxiliary Hydraulics Switch on dash. (One light should glow, Momentary flow available).
4. Press and release Auxiliary Hydraulics Switch on dash again. (two light should glow, Constant flow available).
5. Press and release Right Trigger Switch. (Hydraulic flow should start and continue flowing).
6. Try backhoe.
7. Press and release Right Trigger Switch. (Hydraulic flow should stop).
8. Press and release Auxiliary Hydraulic Switch on dash. (two lights should turn off, indicating auxiliary hydraulics are off).

OP
OP
M

mmuzzatti

1. Start loader.
2. Seat bar down.
3. Press and release Auxiliary Hydraulics Switch on dash. (One light should glow, Momentary flow available).
4. Press and release Auxiliary Hydraulics Switch on dash again. (two light should glow, Constant flow available).
5. Press and release Right Trigger Switch. (Hydraulic flow should start and continue flowing).
6. Try backhoe.
7. Press and release Right Trigger Switch. (Hydraulic flow should stop).
8. Press and release Auxiliary Hydraulic Switch on dash. (two lights should turn off, indicating auxiliary hydraulics are off).
OK Guys, I just came running back into the house. Got to the cabin last night and today I went and messed with the back hoe. I did everything that you all said and still nothing. I had one more thing to do and that was reverse the hoses. BAM! Thank you, thank you, thank you! WORKS! I owe each of you a beer so will see you on the road and some guy someday will buy you a beer and you have no idea why but think of it from me! WOW! So happy about this, going out and digging to China...bye and thanks again!!!! Marcello