Bullman Airboss Tires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy55

Good morning everyone. I've came across a used set of Bullman Airboss Tires/wheels. They have the bolt on segments and they need to be replaced. I just looked at a set on Skidsteer Solutions website and it look s like the ones they sell are pressed on the wheels.
My question is can you still get the bolt on segments? Whats the cost? I plan on running tracks over them. 10x16 size thanks dennis

Fishfiles

I have never heard of Bullman , but have used the Iatco which is also known as Air Boss segmented tires and have used them with tracks , the results were good , did find they were expensive to replace segments , way back maybe close to 20 years the segments were $16 a piece and there were quite a few on each tire so replacing a whole set was very expensive ,at todays prices I can't imagine what it would cost to replace them all , we would save the segements that were still in fair condition when a tire was totally replaced with fresh segments , and when a old tire busted a few segements we would try and match up some worn ones into the mix , you couldn't put a brand new segment into a bunch of worn ones as it would make a lump and give you a really bad ride

WebbCo

I have never heard of Bullman , but have used the Iatco which is also known as Air Boss segmented tires and have used them with tracks , the results were good , did find they were expensive to replace segments , way back maybe close to 20 years the segments were $16 a piece and there were quite a few on each tire so replacing a whole set was very expensive ,at todays prices I can't imagine what it would cost to replace them all , we would save the segements that were still in fair condition when a tire was totally replaced with fresh segments , and when a old tire busted a few segements we would try and match up some worn ones into the mix , you couldn't put a brand new segment into a bunch of worn ones as it would make a lump and give you a really bad ride
Bullman is a division of Mclaren tires, they are set up mostly to sell to dealers for resale. Bullman contacts me a lot about selling their products. As I have stated in the past, I have sold many different brands of tires, its been my experience that segmented tires are a PAIN! Screw up one segment and purchase a replacement and you have a built in speed bump that you and your ribs can enjoy for a very long time. So that bad ride you mentioned will bust up your machine too!
As for the Mclaren/Bullman tires, they are soft, great ride but softer than most. One of my customers just this week told me he purchased a set of Mclarens a few months ago and they are gone already. After that they purchased 5 sets of solid tires from me even though they are more money. Thats eleven grand in just tires on one ticket. Also I caution anyone using over the tire tracks on solid tires, you are damaging the chain works inside your chain case, and will pay the price later, stretched chains, loose sprockets, sloppy drive train. Parts guys love this. The only fix is to remove the front chains inside the chain case so that the tracks and the chains inside dont have a tug o war going on! Ya, I know every mfg of skids steers sells the over the tire tracks too. Thats ok, I will just keep selling the parts to fix them when they do! Heck even solid tires on a machine does damage to the chain parts, but not like when they are used with tracks!

Fishfiles

Bullman is a division of Mclaren tires, they are set up mostly to sell to dealers for resale. Bullman contacts me a lot about selling their products. As I have stated in the past, I have sold many different brands of tires, its been my experience that segmented tires are a PAIN! Screw up one segment and purchase a replacement and you have a built in speed bump that you and your ribs can enjoy for a very long time. So that bad ride you mentioned will bust up your machine too!
As for the Mclaren/Bullman tires, they are soft, great ride but softer than most. One of my customers just this week told me he purchased a set of Mclarens a few months ago and they are gone already. After that they purchased 5 sets of solid tires from me even though they are more money. Thats eleven grand in just tires on one ticket. Also I caution anyone using over the tire tracks on solid tires, you are damaging the chain works inside your chain case, and will pay the price later, stretched chains, loose sprockets, sloppy drive train. Parts guys love this. The only fix is to remove the front chains inside the chain case so that the tracks and the chains inside dont have a tug o war going on! Ya, I know every mfg of skids steers sells the over the tire tracks too. Thats ok, I will just keep selling the parts to fix them when they do! Heck even solid tires on a machine does damage to the chain parts, but not like when they are used with tracks!
I agree on no tracks over solid tires , and also no foam filled tires with tracks , you can get by with foam filled but it is hard on the drive train , have had go luck with the Air Boss and tracks , there was two different styles of the Air Boss , one more sturdy than the other , no sure if they even make then any more, Tony Brown where are you

WebbCo

I agree on no tracks over solid tires , and also no foam filled tires with tracks , you can get by with foam filled but it is hard on the drive train , have had go luck with the Air Boss and tracks , there was two different styles of the Air Boss , one more sturdy than the other , no sure if they even make then any more, Tony Brown where are you
Bobcat parts manager,
Located in Salt Lake City Utah
Intermountain Bobcat
Mark

rock

Thanks for all the info. -I'll be marking them off my list. dennis
Bullman does not make segmented tires. The segmented tires are made by Air Boss (http://www.birdtire.com/airboss.htm). Even though I never owned them, I heard exactly the same complaint - -once you bolt on a new segment, and you are in for a bull ride... About 6 months ago, I purchased a set of Bullman tires from my local tire dealer and so far I'm quite pleased with them -- no flat and so far great wear, even though I often run them over very sharp rock. They are press-on tires. Probably because they do not have as many holes (and the holes are smaller) as the tires Mclaren shows on their web site (www.mcalrenusa.com) , my Bullmans are not riding very soft. Still, they are riding a lot better than the regular solids and I love them for that. Oh, and I just found a site for the Bullman tires (www.bullman.com). You can clearly see that the cushioning is less than the Mclaren's. When compared with all tires I've run so far, and all the flats they helped me avoid, I can recommend the Bullmans full-heartedly. And, per my tire dealer the Bullman tires are made to run with Protrac tracks.

farmboy555

Bullman does not make segmented tires. The segmented tires are made by Air Boss (http://www.birdtire.com/airboss.htm). Even though I never owned them, I heard exactly the same complaint - -once you bolt on a new segment, and you are in for a bull ride... About 6 months ago, I purchased a set of Bullman tires from my local tire dealer and so far I'm quite pleased with them -- no flat and so far great wear, even though I often run them over very sharp rock. They are press-on tires. Probably because they do not have as many holes (and the holes are smaller) as the tires Mclaren shows on their web site (www.mcalrenusa.com) , my Bullmans are not riding very soft. Still, they are riding a lot better than the regular solids and I love them for that. Oh, and I just found a site for the Bullman tires (www.bullman.com). You can clearly see that the cushioning is less than the Mclaren's. When compared with all tires I've run so far, and all the flats they helped me avoid, I can recommend the Bullmans full-heartedly. And, per my tire dealer the Bullman tires are made to run with Protrac tracks.
They need to have a package deal Bullman tires with the Protac tracks. One that I can afford to buy.

racingjoe66

I know this is an old post. I just bought a set of OTT steel tracks from Traction Tracks for my old Bobcat 642B and I have 10x16.5 Muddy Buddy tires with the double thickness tread on them. I thought about running them with these tires. But I have a chance to buy a set of Air Boss tires for my skid loader that are of the hollow designed pads. I was thinking about using the Air Bosses when I have the tracks on. Are these Air Bosses okay to run with the steel tracks and have no worries of damage inside the skid loader to the sprockets and chains? Thanks