Bucket teeth add on

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vic3500

I have this old beat up bucket I got for practically free. I have been beating up my "good" bucket scraping shale on my property. Finally wised up and switched to the "beater" bucket. Made me think how great it would be to have teeth on the beater bucket. Can this be done? given the condition of the beater bucket or is it just not worth it. I normally don't have a need for a tooth bucket, so even a used 500-600 bucket isn't worth it to me. I've seen some 10 packs of teeth on ebay as cheap as 80 bucks

Zorack

Yes it can be done if you want to go that route although I'd rather have a good bucket already with teeth on it.

OP
OP
V

vic3500

Yes it can be done if you want to go that route although I'd rather have a good bucket already with teeth on it.
Yeah..I'd prefer that as well, but I already have this bucket lying around, and my budget to get into an occasional use bucket is only 100-200 bucks.

Jock.

Yeah..I'd prefer that as well, but I already have this bucket lying around, and my budget to get into an occasional use bucket is only 100-200 bucks.
I welded teeth on my 4 in 1.
Never looked back.

jmatt20

Thx! What teeth did you buy? Do you know the brand, model, or size? Sorry I'm clueless
typically you don't put teeth on a bucket ...teeth wear out ...you either bolt on or weld on shanks that the teeth are then attached to with pins of one type or another .. quick web search brought up these guys ...http://www.messicks.com/dept/BucketTeeth.aspx.... their prices are typical ..i use a local supplier cutting edge supply in san diego ...shanks are about 10/12 dlls apiece and teeth about the same plus the pins to hold them on ...some welding time and about 140 bucks to put five teeth on a bucket ...

siduramaxde

typically you don't put teeth on a bucket ...teeth wear out ...you either bolt on or weld on shanks that the teeth are then attached to with pins of one type or another .. quick web search brought up these guys ...http://www.messicks.com/dept/BucketTeeth.aspx.... their prices are typical ..i use a local supplier cutting edge supply in san diego ...shanks are about 10/12 dlls apiece and teeth about the same plus the pins to hold them on ...some welding time and about 140 bucks to put five teeth on a bucket ...
If it is a Bobcat brand bucket it should have holes in the cutting edge that you can use to bolt teeth on.

jmatt20

If it is a Bobcat brand bucket it should have holes in the cutting edge that you can use to bolt teeth on.
siduramaxde..you are correct that the newer bobcat buckets have the holes drilled for bolt ons ..but unless i'm mistaken you still have to bolt on shanks...then put teeth on them ..so still the 20/25 buck a tooth cost ...unless someone makes a bolt on throw away tooth ????

Jock.

siduramaxde..you are correct that the newer bobcat buckets have the holes drilled for bolt ons ..but unless i'm mistaken you still have to bolt on shanks...then put teeth on them ..so still the 20/25 buck a tooth cost ...unless someone makes a bolt on throw away tooth ????
Yes what JMatt said.
I welded shanks on, then pinned the teeth on.

lesgawlik

Yes what JMatt said.
I welded shanks on, then pinned the teeth on.
Why wouldn't you want a tooth bar? Two bolts and it's on or off? Two holes drilled in the sides of the bucket. You can use the beater bucket for scraping shale with the tooth bar on, or drop it in a flash for grading. I had one made up for about $250 for a 80" bucket. I couldn't live without it.