bucket locks up when lifting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mike6725

I have a 98 4475 skid steer and the seat belt light comes on intermittently when using foot controls. The bucket locks up when this happens. I just replaced the seat belt. Sometimes the control frees up if I wait a couple seconds , otherwise i redo the seat belt and it returns to normal. Any ideas where to start?

mrbb

there should maybe be a pressure safety witch in the seat, as well as a possible safety sensor at seat belt
if either one is bad, when ever it looses connection, it will lock things out
SO, I would find out if you have either or both and check them to make sure there working as they should and all connections to them are clean and tight!

OP
OP
M

Mike6725

there should maybe be a pressure safety witch in the seat, as well as a possible safety sensor at seat belt
if either one is bad, when ever it looses connection, it will lock things out
SO, I would find out if you have either or both and check them to make sure there working as they should and all connections to them are clean and tight!
Thanks , seat belt is new. I'll check the seat.

OP
OP
M

Mike6725

My John Deere 4475 skidsteer is still having a problem with hydraulics getting locked. It seems like a a short or bad connection since it doesn't happen every time.
Specifically when I have a load and lift the bucket the hydraulics lock. The seat belt light comes on. I unlock seat belt and relock and it goes away.
I have replaced seat belt and seat switch. I've cleaned all connections in cab area and still happening. I don't know enough to go any further without advice. thanks

brdgbldr

My John Deere 4475 skidsteer is still having a problem with hydraulics getting locked. It seems like a a short or bad connection since it doesn't happen every time.
Specifically when I have a load and lift the bucket the hydraulics lock. The seat belt light comes on. I unlock seat belt and relock and it goes away.
I have replaced seat belt and seat switch. I've cleaned all connections in cab area and still happening. I don't know enough to go any further without advice. thanks
You will need to start looking for any rub throughs on the wiring harness.

mrbb

did you also replace the seat belt sensor, and seat sensor?
and like stated, you need to check wiring harness for damages that may be causing a short causing things to lock up on you!