Bucket droping when pedal is in neutral position

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mdobs

I need advice, I'm having problems with the bucket dropping if I don't keep pressure on the lift side of my pedal. A friend of mine told me it was a leaking seal in the port relief valve and said that if I pulled Bobcat would rebuild it at a reasonable price. I was wondering if anyone had such a problem, if I should go that route or just take the cat to the shop and let them diagnose the problem. HELP if you can. (I am running a old 743)MDOBS

Tigerotor77W

It could be that seal as well as improper positioning of the pedal (as in the nuts and bolts loosened so that the "neutral" position really isn't "neutral" anymore). I'll let one of the other guys be more specific, though.

StuZ

1st check to make sure your pedal linkage is in adjustment and not worn. 2nd do either of your cylinders have any external leakage ?? 3rd with your boom all the way down, take the hyd. line off the lower (base end) end of cylinder (1 cylinder at a time) and start the loader up and try to lower the boom. If you get little or no oil out of the cylinder, better reseal the lift spool on the control valve. If you have a constant oil running out the cylinder, remove the cylinder for repair. Without a BICS controller, the 743 control valve isn't that hard to take off, but you still need some good wrenches