Bucket angle with over the tire Tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LIMaint

Has anyone seen a big diiferance with their bucket angle after adding over the tire tracks? Seems that my bucket while at ground level digs into the soil... anyone else have this problem?

jklingel

I'm sure I read on this forum that that will happen because your machine now sits higher, and with the back of the bucket as low as it can go, the only way to get the cutting edge down is to "over rotate" the cutting edge down at an angle. Hence, the bucket is no longer parallel to the ground and it digs.

TriHonu

I'm sure I read on this forum that that will happen because your machine now sits higher, and with the back of the bucket as low as it can go, the only way to get the cutting edge down is to "over rotate" the cutting edge down at an angle. Hence, the bucket is no longer parallel to the ground and it digs.
If you do a lot of grading it can be an issue. The bucket will want to dive into the grade. It is even worse if you have wear in the tilt pin bosses allowing your cutting edge to drift. Keeping your bucket half full of material will help with the pin slop and there are a couple of solutions to fix the bucket heel height.
1. You can purchase a "Track Bucket" these buckets have the attachment plate welded up higher on the bucket to allow it to sit level on the ground.
2. You can cut your attachment plate off and weld it back on at the correct height. This will probably also cause you to add some additional support at the top of the bucket.
3. Bobcat makes a bucket adapter for OTT. It was mentioned in the 2005 WorkSaver BOBCATALOG. On page 4 there is an article titled "Efficient, Productive Ways to Grade". The last sentence of the first paragraph states: "Use the bucket adaptor with over-the-tire loader tracks to lower the heel height for improved grading performance." I called my dealer, Lano Equipment, to ask about it last week and was told Bobcat did not have anything like that. I told them about the article and they stated they would check on it. The answer is yes they do make it and it is available. They quoted me $235 + $45 for shipping. They printed out the parts blow-up and I am going up there next week to take a look. He described it as attaching on the existing Bobtach and the pins on the loader Bobtach will control the pins on the adapter plate. So it appears you would still be able to use it with Power-Bobtach. I also contacted the other dealer near me and was told Bobcat does not make an adapter plate. Seems like Bobcat did not advertise it to the dealers.
If you have multiple attachments, it seems like the adapter plate will be a better solution. I guess when I see the pictures next week I'll have a better opinion.

TriHonu

If you do a lot of grading it can be an issue. The bucket will want to dive into the grade. It is even worse if you have wear in the tilt pin bosses allowing your cutting edge to drift. Keeping your bucket half full of material will help with the pin slop and there are a couple of solutions to fix the bucket heel height.
1. You can purchase a "Track Bucket" these buckets have the attachment plate welded up higher on the bucket to allow it to sit level on the ground.
2. You can cut your attachment plate off and weld it back on at the correct height. This will probably also cause you to add some additional support at the top of the bucket.
3. Bobcat makes a bucket adapter for OTT. It was mentioned in the 2005 WorkSaver BOBCATALOG. On page 4 there is an article titled "Efficient, Productive Ways to Grade". The last sentence of the first paragraph states: "Use the bucket adaptor with over-the-tire loader tracks to lower the heel height for improved grading performance." I called my dealer, Lano Equipment, to ask about it last week and was told Bobcat did not have anything like that. I told them about the article and they stated they would check on it. The answer is yes they do make it and it is available. They quoted me $235 + $45 for shipping. They printed out the parts blow-up and I am going up there next week to take a look. He described it as attaching on the existing Bobtach and the pins on the loader Bobtach will control the pins on the adapter plate. So it appears you would still be able to use it with Power-Bobtach. I also contacted the other dealer near me and was told Bobcat does not make an adapter plate. Seems like Bobcat did not advertise it to the dealers.
If you have multiple attachments, it seems like the adapter plate will be a better solution. I guess when I see the pictures next week I'll have a better opinion.
This is the adapter plate to lower your bucket when using Over the Tire Tracks. It is available from Bobcat as Part Number 6906892. It is designed to lower the heel of your bucket 1 inch so the bucket will sit flat on grade. It will also move your bucket forward 2.37 inches.
It is removable, but designed to be attached to your bucket.
BobcatBucketAdapterTracks.jpg

mllud

I have this problem with my loader. I took my tracks off the other day and couldnt believe how much better it i with the bucket at the right angle. I will either buy this adapter plate or lower the mounts on my bucket. With multable attachments the adapter plate make cense. I think I got use to using the bucket at the wrong angle, but you will be going along and all the sudden the bucket gouges in. With it at the right angle it just shaves off the high spot and levels like it should. Mike

TriHonu

I have this problem with my loader. I took my tracks off the other day and couldnt believe how much better it i with the bucket at the right angle. I will either buy this adapter plate or lower the mounts on my bucket. With multable attachments the adapter plate make cense. I think I got use to using the bucket at the wrong angle, but you will be going along and all the sudden the bucket gouges in. With it at the right angle it just shaves off the high spot and levels like it should. Mike
I have Loegering OTT with the rubber pad inserts. They are significantly thicker than 1 inch. I really wish the plate was adjustable for the amount of drop.
If you do a lot of grading, anything closer to flat on grade has got to be better...