Brush cutter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gomer pyle

I have a John Deere 329D(82 in wide) high flow(41gpm). I'm wanting a brush cutter to maintain 20 acres. My land is kind of ruff, dips, slopes, rocks. I know a tractor/bush hog would probably be better but I don't want to own/maintain another piece of equipment that would not be used very much. I've owned a SVL75/blue diamond brush cutter in the past and I did not care for it due to the uneven cut(up and down with the land) and it was very rough on me, break over and slam the ground. I thought I would like a brushcat but after calling the local dealer, he was very negative about it, to the point that he told me he would not sell one. Any recommendations? Closed or open front?

Wayne440

Rent a brush cutter for the first cutting -by the time you cut 20 acres of "ruff, dips, slopes, rocks" with a skid steer/brush cutter, you may wish you had any kind of old, near worn out tractor that will pull a "bush hog".

Big Bern

I have a John Deere 329D(82 in wide) high flow(41gpm). I'm wanting a brush cutter to maintain 20 acres. My land is kind of ruff, dips, slopes, rocks. I know a tractor/bush hog would probably be better but I don't want to own/maintain another piece of equipment that would not be used very much. I've owned a SVL75/blue diamond brush cutter in the past and I did not care for it due to the uneven cut(up and down with the land) and it was very rough on me, break over and slam the ground. I thought I would like a brushcat but after calling the local dealer, he was very negative about it, to the point that he told me he would not sell one. Any recommendations? Closed or open front?
I have a Bobcat Brushcat 72 on my T770. We mow about 20 acres . It's taken about three years but finally everything is all smoothed out. Our terrain varies quite a bit and with the oscillating head it conforms well to the ground. The only thing I don't like are the skid shoes on the front. The dig in to the ground and it takes a real knack to keep it from doing so. . The twin motors for each blade I believe are a big plus. It's heavy about 1500 # but for me it cuts great and is far faster than pulling my 6' brush cutter behind my JD tractor. All in all it's a great mower.