brake locking on

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kls

i have a 2000 753 i was driving down the road and it seems the traction brake jammed on then the machine stalled once restarted and traction lock button was pressed it was fine this happened a few times. A few hours later a blew a lift line fixed the line and refilled it with fluid it has not done it since however i have only used it for 1 hour since any ideas thanks kyle

OldMachinist

If it does it again look back at the BICS box and see what lights are on. Likely the seat bar light will be off. The sensor on it has a magnet and sometimes gathers metal particles and they start acting up or it could just be going bad.

OP
OP
K

kls

If it does it again look back at the BICS box and see what lights are on. Likely the seat bar light will be off. The sensor on it has a magnet and sometimes gathers metal particles and they start acting up or it could just be going bad.
now that you say that the plastics that the seat bar come down on are very warn out maybe not hitting the sensor?

skidsteer.ca

now that you say that the plastics that the seat bar come down on are very warn out maybe not hitting the sensor?
If it has triangle head lights (G series) the traction light is one of the four orange one up by your push to operater button.
If it is a older F series 753 model (square headlights) the bics box is to the right of the seat backrest.
The sensor(s) is in the seat bar pivot point, and if you don't have a push to operate button there should also be another sensor under the seat.
At any rate my first step would be to change out the "traction" spdt relay
Please advise wether youhave a G or a F series machine
Ken

OP
OP
K

kls

If it has triangle head lights (G series) the traction light is one of the four orange one up by your push to operater button.
If it is a older F series 753 model (square headlights) the bics box is to the right of the seat backrest.
The sensor(s) is in the seat bar pivot point, and if you don't have a push to operate button there should also be another sensor under the seat.
At any rate my first step would be to change out the "traction" spdt relay
Please advise wether youhave a G or a F series machine
Ken
it is an f series with the square headlights and the bics box is to the right of the operator when sitting in the machine

Kermode

it is an f series with the square headlights and the bics box is to the right of the operator when sitting in the machine
Check the seat switch. Sometimes dirt or small bits of rock will get inside the switch and jam it up. Also, make sure the alternator is charging correctly. I had a 853 with a bad alternator that would drop down to 10 volts or so and the computer would shut everything down. Once the system charged up above 12 volts you were good to go.

skidsteer.ca

Check the seat switch. Sometimes dirt or small bits of rock will get inside the switch and jam it up. Also, make sure the alternator is charging correctly. I had a 853 with a bad alternator that would drop down to 10 volts or so and the computer would shut everything down. Once the system charged up above 12 volts you were good to go.
It has a push to operate button? If it does it does not have a seat switch anymore.
You can still check you voltage, I would look for a "traction lock" relay and change it first.
Ken

It has a push to operate button? If it does it does not have a seat switch anymore.
You can still check you voltage, I would look for a "traction lock" relay and change it first.
Ken
our traction lock isnt working on ours we can drive all over with it (no problems) but when you push the traction lock button doesnt make the clicking noise and if we park on a slight slope it goes rolling and also when we turn on the lights it kills the motor??? any ideas anyone?

OldMachinist

our traction lock isnt working on ours we can drive all over with it (no problems) but when you push the traction lock button doesnt make the clicking noise and if we park on a slight slope it goes rolling and also when we turn on the lights it kills the motor??? any ideas anyone?
Traction lock problem sounds like the parking brake lock pin is broken off or missing. Someone may have taken taken it out when the solenoid quit working.
Lights killing the motor is likely a short in the wiring.

Traction lock problem sounds like the parking brake lock pin is broken off or missing. Someone may have taken taken it out when the solenoid quit working.
Lights killing the motor is likely a short in the wiring.
the brake used to work it was probably getting weak and the lights i hope not...

OP
OP
K

kls

Ken
it does have a green push to operate button so i will change the solonoid the alternator is newer but i will also check the voltage thank you so far. Its weird when i bought the machine from bobcat they said it was a 2000 but with the square lights everyone says it older.

skidsteer.ca

it does have a green push to operate button so i will change the solonoid the alternator is newer but i will also check the voltage thank you so far. Its weird when i bought the machine from bobcat they said it was a 2000 but with the square lights everyone says it older.
It's a F series then. They really don't have years, but the serial # can be traced to when the unit went into service. The G came online in 1999 but suposedly some F were not sold until 2000. The only way to know would be to have another dealer check the serial number and see whats Bobcats computer say about when it sold.
Ken

It's a F series then. They really don't have years, but the serial # can be traced to when the unit went into service. The G came online in 1999 but suposedly some F were not sold until 2000. The only way to know would be to have another dealer check the serial number and see whats Bobcats computer say about when it sold.
Ken
Could it be the ground on the bottom of the starter? we had that problem with ours and it was causing the traction lock light to blink 4 times and the headlights to kill the motor along with the gauges not working.

bremery

Could it be the ground on the bottom of the starter? we had that problem with ours and it was causing the traction lock light to blink 4 times and the headlights to kill the motor along with the gauges not working.
Bobcat863Turbo,
It does sound like you have a short in your wiring somewhere. I had a problem with my 763C where the wiring for the pull coil for the traction lock and ground got cut on the wire clamp right where the wires begin to go under the hydraulic pumps going towards the rear of the machine. I would check to see what the conditions of those wires are at that clamp.