parking brake noisy

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

uffda

ON MY 743, WHEN I USE THE PARKING BRAKE IT IS REALLY LOUD AND COMES FROM UNDER THE CAB. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS? DON'T THINK IT SHOULD BE THIS LOUD

brdgbldr

ON MY 743, WHEN I USE THE PARKING BRAKE IT IS REALLY LOUD AND COMES FROM UNDER THE CAB. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS? DON'T THINK IT SHOULD BE THIS LOUD
What do you mean by loud?
What kind of noise is it making?

The brake works by two pads squeezing a disk that, when the machine has stopped, does not spin. So no noise should be coming from the brake when it is engaged. Unless the machine is trying to move with the brake on, which then the noise could be the relief valve engaging or if the brake pads are worn and the machine moves when the brake is on then the brakes could make noise.

Does your machine creep when the levers are in neutral?

OP
OP
U

uffda

I worked on the creep today and got it pretty good. The brake sound is coming from the pump area. I read another discussion where there is bronze filter that should be cleaned. It sounds like this could be the problem,

brdgbldr

I worked on the creep today and got it pretty good. The brake sound is coming from the pump area. I read another discussion where there is bronze filter that should be cleaned. It sounds like this could be the problem,
Here is a link to the parts catalog:

Enter your serial number and search "filter". Then take a look at the hydrostatic system. There will be a box at the top that says "View Search Results Only". Check the box and only the parts descriptions with the word "filter" will show.

laurencen

guessing when you apply the brake the creep is prevented and the noise is the relief valve opening, creep is not enough to stall the motor

OP
OP
U

uffda

guessing when you apply the brake the creep is prevented and the noise is the relief valve opening, creep is not enough to stall the motor
Could there be something wrong with the relief valve? Should it be taken out and cleaned?

brdgbldr

Could there be something wrong with the relief valve? Should it be taken out and cleaned?
If there was something wrong with your relief valve you would probably hear the noise all the time under load.

The hydrostatic pump has a couple of relief valves. The springs can break or just wear out making them weak.

Latest posts