Bradco 611 vs Bobcat 8311 Back Hoe

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

NJ A300

I'm looking at buying a new hoe for my A300. Does anyone have experience with the Bradco 611? It looks like a more HD unit than the Bobcat and I can get vertical stabilizers and a hydraulic thumb or breaker for it.

OP
OP
N

NJ A300

The Bradco doesnt look heavier duty than the 8811.
I did see the two units side by side at a dealer. The Bradco looked beefy compaired to the Bobcat. But I really didn't write that to spark a discussion of HD vs non HD. Do you have any experience running a Bradco unit vs a Bobcat. I've been nothing but happy with all my OEM Bobcat attachments, however this was a Bobcat dealer telling me that he would buy the Bradco. Was he just trying to move a Bradco unit or is there something to his reccomendation...... and I like that the Bradco has a foot controlled hydraulic thumb available and Bobcat doesn't. I also like that the Bobcat is OEM and I can get parts at all the BC dealers vs the few Bradco.

Eric

I did see the two units side by side at a dealer. The Bradco looked beefy compaired to the Bobcat. But I really didn't write that to spark a discussion of HD vs non HD. Do you have any experience running a Bradco unit vs a Bobcat. I've been nothing but happy with all my OEM Bobcat attachments, however this was a Bobcat dealer telling me that he would buy the Bradco. Was he just trying to move a Bradco unit or is there something to his reccomendation...... and I like that the Bradco has a foot controlled hydraulic thumb available and Bobcat doesn't. I also like that the Bobcat is OEM and I can get parts at all the BC dealers vs the few Bradco.
I have only run bobcat hoe attachments. I have seen one guy here in CA running a bradco. Getting the parts easily is a big reason to get a bobcat hoe. If you realy have to have the hydralic thumb you could have one custom built. I realy dont think it would be that difficult.

OP
OP
N

NJ A300

I have only run bobcat hoe attachments. I have seen one guy here in CA running a bradco. Getting the parts easily is a big reason to get a bobcat hoe. If you realy have to have the hydralic thumb you could have one custom built. I realy dont think it would be that difficult.
Eric, Have you run your Bobcat hoe with just the rear stabilizers if working in tight spots? I know its not ideal, but that was my other like of the Bradco I could get vertical stabilizers on the hoe.

Eric

Eric, Have you run your Bobcat hoe with just the rear stabilizers if working in tight spots? I know its not ideal, but that was my other like of the Bradco I could get vertical stabilizers on the hoe.
I have ran a 811 backhoe on a 863 and 963 without using the front or rear stabalizers. Its not ideal but it can be done when neaded. You just have to go slower, less aggressive biting into the soil, and be smooth on the controls or the machine will bounce, wobble, and pull.

Eric

I have ran a 811 backhoe on a 863 and 963 without using the front or rear stabalizers. Its not ideal but it can be done when neaded. You just have to go slower, less aggressive biting into the soil, and be smooth on the controls or the machine will bounce, wobble, and pull.
There are pros and cons to both styles of stabilizers. I always thought it would be cool if a hoe could have both or could attach a different style.

TriHonu

There are pros and cons to both styles of stabilizers. I always thought it would be cool if a hoe could have both or could attach a different style.
I have not run any Bobcat hoes so I can't give you a first hand comparison.
I have a Bradco 609 on my Bobcat 763. The Bradco 600 Series are heavy duty units. The 609 is almost too much for my 763. I don't have rear stabilizers and have to be careful about pulling the loader around while digging.
There is no Bradco "Dealer" near by but there are places that have ordered me a couple of parts. They had them within the week. (Parts were damaged when I bought the used hoe. Stabilizer cylinder end cap and seals).
My next door neighbor has a 609 also. He runs it on a Gehl 5940 and loves it. He tells me the Gehl dealer can also get parts if needed. The only problem either of us has had with our units are a couple blown hydraulic hoses.
I have run a number of TLB's (tractor/loader/backhoes). These attachments don't have the strength of a TLB. You have to dig more with the bucket than the stick. See if you can get the dealer to give you a side by side comparison.
The specifications show the Bradco to have a little more breakout force in both the bucket and the stick. I don't know how significant this is in your soil conditions. Cost wise new Bradco's are more expensive than the Bobcats. The Bradco's are well made heavy duty units.
If you are buying a used unit be aware the mount (hoe and tractor halfs) will run over $1000 if you have to purchase the correct one for your loader. Mine had the mount for a Case 1845. Bradco quoted me $1200 for the complete mount. I designed my own and spent $50 on steel and spent about 10 hrs on design/build. I modified the backhoe half and made the tractor half.
If I was looking to spend over $10000 on a new unit, I would look for a used mini excavator instead. Being able to place the spoil any where in the circle is really nice. It really boils down to what type of work plan to do.
Good Luck.

bobcat_ron

I have not run any Bobcat hoes so I can't give you a first hand comparison.
I have a Bradco 609 on my Bobcat 763. The Bradco 600 Series are heavy duty units. The 609 is almost too much for my 763. I don't have rear stabilizers and have to be careful about pulling the loader around while digging.
There is no Bradco "Dealer" near by but there are places that have ordered me a couple of parts. They had them within the week. (Parts were damaged when I bought the used hoe. Stabilizer cylinder end cap and seals).
My next door neighbor has a 609 also. He runs it on a Gehl 5940 and loves it. He tells me the Gehl dealer can also get parts if needed. The only problem either of us has had with our units are a couple blown hydraulic hoses.
I have run a number of TLB's (tractor/loader/backhoes). These attachments don't have the strength of a TLB. You have to dig more with the bucket than the stick. See if you can get the dealer to give you a side by side comparison.
The specifications show the Bradco to have a little more breakout force in both the bucket and the stick. I don't know how significant this is in your soil conditions. Cost wise new Bradco's are more expensive than the Bobcats. The Bradco's are well made heavy duty units.
If you are buying a used unit be aware the mount (hoe and tractor halfs) will run over $1000 if you have to purchase the correct one for your loader. Mine had the mount for a Case 1845. Bradco quoted me $1200 for the complete mount. I designed my own and spent $50 on steel and spent about 10 hrs on design/build. I modified the backhoe half and made the tractor half.
If I was looking to spend over $10000 on a new unit, I would look for a used mini excavator instead. Being able to place the spoil any where in the circle is really nice. It really boils down to what type of work plan to do.
Good Luck.
Buying a mini is still the better option, go anywhere and pull yourself out of the muck when you get stuck, it's a real hand full to do it with a hoe attached to a skidsteer, gotta pay a Mexican kid to sit in the seat while you pull!!

sterlclan

Buying a mini is still the better option, go anywhere and pull yourself out of the muck when you get stuck, it's a real hand full to do it with a hoe attached to a skidsteer, gotta pay a Mexican kid to sit in the seat while you pull!!
or run the levers with your feet those Mexicans are hard to find here something about too cold or some such nonsense .Jeff

bobcat_ron

or run the levers with your feet those Mexicans are hard to find here something about too cold or some such nonsense .Jeff
My Dad had a very clever arrangement on his 943 back in the early 90's, a Massey Ferguson Industrial backhoe, with almost 20 feet of reach and 14 feet of digging depth, he jammed a second pump on the machine to handle the extra flow needed, but what he did was bend some tubing and clamp them to the top of the drive handles, they then laid beside the operator's platform and they were bent downwards so he could also push and pull them with his feet, but also pull/push them with his arms, that way he could get out of a bad spot with the hoe and use the tractive effort of the skidsteer, this idea came up very quickly after I resumed school in September, I was the "Mexican kid" in the seat while he cleaned out miles of ditches for the farmers around here during the Summer months. I wish I had the technology to scan the pics of the backhoe and bobcat he mated, they are just un-real. BTW, his 943 had the rear stabilizer option, not the dual vertical ones, the one you have to lower down to get to the engine door, that's where he had a 600 pound counter weight to balance the machine.