Boss Diagnostic Tool

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
mllud

mllud

This thread could be deleted when the auction is over. Unless It becomes a point of reference it will just be polution
Thanks Mike

thetool

Your Welcome, it looked like a nice unit.. Mike
BOSS machines are becoming increasingly rare, but I know I'll look cool if I roll up to a broken one and whip that box out and act like I know what I'm doing=).

OP
OP
mllud

mllud

BOSS machines are becoming increasingly rare, but I know I'll look cool if I roll up to a broken one and whip that box out and act like I know what I'm doing=).
Shane
Something tells me you know what your doing. Mike

Tazza

Staff member
Shane
Something tells me you know what your doing. Mike
I have a machine coming that has a BOSS computer, i just hope its in good shape! They had a good idea with the BOSS system, but in reality it has been a nightmare from the stories i have heard around here.

thetool

Mike-thanks for that-I do try very hard to make it appear so=).
Tazza-Many folks are/were frustrated with the BOSS system, but that's because it's weird, and not necessarily junk.
When it works, it's great. It has saved a few folks I know mega bucks-generally owners who have multiple operators of limited judgement or motivation, by actually shutting the machine down when there was a problem instead of just illuminating a light which is many times ignored until the machine dies in a puff of smoke and puddle of oil.
The computer is actually mounted in a better place on the machine, and the majority of the problems are sensor/harness-related.
In the event you have a bad computer, you can get one that is initialized by the factory for your machine, so a guy dosen't REALLY need the tool.

Tazza

Staff member
Mike-thanks for that-I do try very hard to make it appear so=).
Tazza-Many folks are/were frustrated with the BOSS system, but that's because it's weird, and not necessarily junk.
When it works, it's great. It has saved a few folks I know mega bucks-generally owners who have multiple operators of limited judgement or motivation, by actually shutting the machine down when there was a problem instead of just illuminating a light which is many times ignored until the machine dies in a puff of smoke and puddle of oil.
The computer is actually mounted in a better place on the machine, and the majority of the problems are sensor/harness-related.
In the event you have a bad computer, you can get one that is initialized by the factory for your machine, so a guy dosen't REALLY need the tool.
I do like the idea, I'd rather it shut my machine down in an effort to save it. I'm of 2 minds of what sort of machine i want to keep for around the place, BOSS i like for the purpose of watching my engine and hydraulics but the standard setup i like because its so simple. I basically have a choice of 3 styles of machine to choose from, i do love my 743 but the modern east/west setup i like a bit more for access. Time will tell!
I totally agree with you on the operators not caring, if they rent the machine they simply don't care but if you buy it, you look after it and want it to last.

Latest posts