Bobcat753 drive and fuel problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Klbhammond

Well have a older machine my step dad gave me and the drive goes fine at time then hangs up or locks up and spins to one side ,, any ideas I also changed the injectors lift pump and fuel filter along with pick up tube in tank and the thing still acts as if it's starving and not getting enough fuel Injector pump??

Tazza

Staff member
You describe two issues, one is that one side locks up, that could be a chain binding?
You mention fuel starvation, it could be the pickup tube in the tank, there is a screen on the end that could be blocked. If you get a can of fuel and run a line from it to the lift pump, it will eliminate the main fel tank, see if that fixes the issues, if it does, you know it's the pickup screen.

OP
OP
K

Klbhammond

You describe two issues, one is that one side locks up, that could be a chain binding?
You mention fuel starvation, it could be the pickup tube in the tank, there is a screen on the end that could be blocked. If you get a can of fuel and run a line from it to the lift pump, it will eliminate the main fel tank, see if that fixes the issues, if it does, you know it's the pickup screen.
It could be chai. I will look I was told from the guy who had it it was a relief valve or something not sure what he is talking about. I have changed the pick up tube and the primer bulb I can prime it with the bulb and it will will a bottle up no problem so I feel the tank and line are good. But great information

Tazza

Staff member
It could be chai. I will look I was told from the guy who had it it was a relief valve or something not sure what he is talking about. I have changed the pick up tube and the primer bulb I can prime it with the bulb and it will will a bottle up no problem so I feel the tank and line are good. But great information
There are relief valves in the pump, i'm not totally convinced that is the problem you have though. The valves just limit the pressure to the motors to 5,000 PSI
The most common cause of free wheeling motors is bad seals in te motor its self. It doesn't lock the motor up though, it causes a loss of power to it.

JimN

Did you check to make sure the fuel line isn't getting pinched? If it runs under the engine it could be wedged in there and partially collapsed.