Bobcat soil conditioner

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1gr8bldr

I am looking for a bobcat soil conditioner for my s250. I think I want a 6ft hydraulic angle. Is my machine compatible for the hydraulic angle? If not, I should be looking for a Harley rather than a Bobcat. Or maybe I just think I want the hydraulic angle???? I assume that I would make a long pass rindrowing the debris to one side, turn around at the end of the run, reverse the angle and then keep windrowing that same dbris. Turning will tear up the ground, which can be fixed, but what I wonder is, do most operators simply back up the entire run and then windrow again? Also, I have found several 60" soil conditioners. I was looking for a 72". I wonder if a 60" is more suited for my machine. This thought because the 72 that I rent, the drum stops spinning if I try to shave to much. Maybe that is normal and the 60 will do the same. Just wondering if I am unaware of the effects of the longer drum. If it was better suited for my machine then I would have an easier time finding a 60 rather than a 72. Or.... maybe the professionals don't even use the angle feature and just push the debris. LOL, don't you just hate learning how to do things without having at least seen it done right.

Bobcatdan

A S250 easily run a 72". Main reason for going with a 72" is it is wide enough to cover tire tracks. That's the main advantage other then simply being wider so you get done quicker. To run the angle and power depth feature if it has that, all you need is the 7 pin wiring harness on your machine to plug into the soil conditioner along with the hydraulics. The machine has the brains already to run any Bobcat attachments.

OP
OP

1gr8bldr

A S250 easily run a 72". Main reason for going with a 72" is it is wide enough to cover tire tracks. That's the main advantage other then simply being wider so you get done quicker. To run the angle and power depth feature if it has that, all you need is the 7 pin wiring harness on your machine to plug into the soil conditioner along with the hydraulics. The machine has the brains already to run any Bobcat attachments.
I am not familiar with the 7 pin. Have not seen it on my machine, nor a port for one? So far, I have never seen a 72 on Craigs list in the bCat version. Gonna be tough to find

Bobcatdan

I am not familiar with the 7 pin. Have not seen it on my machine, nor a port for one? So far, I have never seen a 72 on Craigs list in the bCat version. Gonna be tough to find
The 7 pin harness plugs into the main harness by the battery then runs up the boom arm to be booked on the aux coupler block. If you notice, there are two holes in the top of the block, that's where the harness mounts to. The kit is about $200. The machine is 100% ready for the cable, its just not installed if the person has no use for it. As for what size, get what ever size you can find and are happy with.

OP
OP

1gr8bldr

The 7 pin harness plugs into the main harness by the battery then runs up the boom arm to be booked on the aux coupler block. If you notice, there are two holes in the top of the block, that's where the harness mounts to. The kit is about $200. The machine is 100% ready for the cable, its just not installed if the person has no use for it. As for what size, get what ever size you can find and are happy with.
So then, since I have to run a wire, if I found a really good deal on a Harley brand, I may consider it. I had reservations from the Harley brand for 2 reasons. Running a wire and the fact that the Harley is made no where near as well. One of those now being eliminated. Several Harley brands for sale. Still going to hold out for a Bcat.... unless I stumble across a Harley real cheap.

Bobcatdan

So then, since I have to run a wire, if I found a really good deal on a Harley brand, I may consider it. I had reservations from the Harley brand for 2 reasons. Running a wire and the fact that the Harley is made no where near as well. One of those now being eliminated. Several Harley brands for sale. Still going to hold out for a Bcat.... unless I stumble across a Harley real cheap.
Using the Bobcat system, when the soil conditioner is on the skidsteer, the skidsteer will know what's on front of it and adjust the controls on the sticks to run it. No separate controls.

skidsteer.ca

Using the Bobcat system, when the soil conditioner is on the skidsteer, the skidsteer will know what's on front of it and adjust the controls on the sticks to run it. No separate controls.
I run a Erskine 84" on my s150. The wide the better imo unless the yards you do are full of obsticles. As for loosen soil I prefer to run the tiller 1st as it loosen the soil quicker and I'd rather find the big rocks with my tiller then the rake. Once the soil is loose the rake won't stall near as easy. Typically I work forward and backward turning around as little as possible. I wired the control harness into the unused switches on my LH steering leaver. I'm not a fan of the Bobcat brand attachments. If you ever want to switch brands of loaders their attachment make it difficult to change brands due to incompatibility. Where as most other attachments use simple power on and off and can be easily wired to any brand of loader.

Latest posts