Bobcat S250 Park Lock Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tthams1

Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could help with an issue I am having. We have a Bobcat S250 two speed hydro system. For the past year when you press the BICS lock system three of the four lights turn on. The fourth light (Park/Traction Lock) won't always light up. I have to tip the Bobcat backwards to get it to engage. The height for tipping it back is random. Sometimes I only have to tip it two feet off the ground on the back tires. Other times I am tipping it on it's back to the point where I feel it is going to tip back on it's side. Other times there is no issues at all. Also if I tip the S250 when I start the Bobcat and leaving running the problem seems to go away which means I can raise the lap bar and lower it again to turn off the BICS system. I then press the green button to activate the BICS system and all four lights turn on. I have replaced the servo/part that runs the traction lock system. With the new park installed it seems to work fine for the first 1-2 weeks, and then it started acting up again. Thinking it was a short I ran a new ground as a test to the wires coming directly out the servo/part. No change. I tried the positive wire doing the same thing. When I tried that the traction/park light would flash on and off twice, then nothing for 3-4 seconds, and then start the flashing light all over again. Both of those tests where done with a T splice connector and I left the system intake, which means I didn't disconnect any wires, I just ran new wires from the battery, and spliced in to part. So I have tried solve it thinking it was a short, I have also replaced the part. Since there is no rhyme to it acting up I don't think it is computer related. Does anyone have any suggestions what else I could try. I don't understand why I have to tip the Bobcat on it's back to make it engage. I know there is a magnet that energizes the pin that pulls pin up that release the lock. You would wonder if the pin is bent, but then again there is no pattern it the traction lock releasing. I can again leave the Bobcat running all day and it won't act up again. If anyone is wanting to grow a few more gray hairs, let me know, because that is starting to stress me out. :) Thanks, Troy

biggie

Hey Troy, The S250/ two speed braking system is actually in the drive motor. It,s a spring applied, and hydraulic release system. If you have replaced the park brake solenoid, on top of the chain case, this would be a single speed machine. That being said. Does the machine throw a error code when u push the green button? If there is a code, depending on the age of the machine. Push and hold the lights button, to access the error code. if it's a newer machine. The far right "I" button is the way to access the current error codes. This would be the best way to start trouble shooting this issue