Bobcat S185 Auxillary Hydraulic problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

7254greg

I have a bobcat s185 which has the hydraulic bob-tach. When I push the button to engage my auxillary hydraulics the machine immediately sounds like it has a big strain on it. I press the bob-tach button and nothing happens. The auxillary hydraulics are not working and the machine is under a strain until I turn the aux hydraulics off. What could be the problem and how do I repair it. Thanks... Greg

Greg185

I also have an S185. Fairly new at the Bobcat ownership, but I'm learning. I briefly had a snow blade on my S185 this winter. After I activated my auxillary hydraulic, I accidently bumped the right trigger on the right steering lever. This immediately turned the blade to the far right and you could tell the hydraulics were still straining. It wasn't until I hit the right trigger again, that things went back to normal. So, I guess I would try using the right trigger to see if this releases the strain. Sorry I don't know all of the technical terms, but I'm still new at this. Greg

Kermode

I also have an S185. Fairly new at the Bobcat ownership, but I'm learning. I briefly had a snow blade on my S185 this winter. After I activated my auxillary hydraulic, I accidently bumped the right trigger on the right steering lever. This immediately turned the blade to the far right and you could tell the hydraulics were still straining. It wasn't until I hit the right trigger again, that things went back to normal. So, I guess I would try using the right trigger to see if this releases the strain. Sorry I don't know all of the technical terms, but I'm still new at this. Greg
Greg185: That's perfectly normal. When you activate the trigger switch it turns on continuous flow in one direction to power an attachment like a backhoe. when the cylinders hit the end of their stroke the oil goes through the pressure relief valve. That may be the OP's problem. If the trigger switch is stuck on, it would certainly do what he describes. It sounds like the problem may be electrical which will require a service manual and the patience of Job to troubleshoot. Try fiddling with the trigger switch, the problem may be in the handgrip itself.

Greg185

Greg185: That's perfectly normal. When you activate the trigger switch it turns on continuous flow in one direction to power an attachment like a backhoe. when the cylinders hit the end of their stroke the oil goes through the pressure relief valve. That may be the OP's problem. If the trigger switch is stuck on, it would certainly do what he describes. It sounds like the problem may be electrical which will require a service manual and the patience of Job to troubleshoot. Try fiddling with the trigger switch, the problem may be in the handgrip itself.
Yep, I know it is normal. My point was, as you pointed out, that the switch may be stuck on, or that he may have accidently pulled the trigger to cause the hydraulics to strain and he didn't know how to release it.