Bobcat quit working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bentspoke

I know it's not a skid but I thought I' ask anyway. My Bobcat B100T quit working and it seems like it's not getting any gas. The clicking sound that it used to make when turning the key and waiting for the glow plug light to go off isn't there so this leads me to think it's a fuel pump problem but I could be wrong. I checked the fuse for the fuel pump but it's OK. I'm at a loss as to what to do and I'm not crazy about calling the local Bobcat dealer to fix it because they charged me an arm and a leg the last time something went wrong. Any help anyone could lend me here would be really appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
Does it run an electric fuel pump? or is there a lift pump on the side of the engine?
Now, when it cranks, is there any white smoke? if so, you are getting fuel if there is no smoke thats a sign of no fuel getting to the engine. Check the bleed valve on the pump (if it has one) if this is open you don't get enough pressure to the injector pump and no fuel will make it to the injectors.
If you can provide more info i'm sure it can be worked out!

OP
OP
B

Bentspoke

Does it run an electric fuel pump? or is there a lift pump on the side of the engine?
Now, when it cranks, is there any white smoke? if so, you are getting fuel if there is no smoke thats a sign of no fuel getting to the engine. Check the bleed valve on the pump (if it has one) if this is open you don't get enough pressure to the injector pump and no fuel will make it to the injectors.
If you can provide more info i'm sure it can be worked out!
Thanks Tazza! I beleieve it's an electric fuel pump since it has a fuse at the fuse block. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust and when I took the fuel line bleed plug out and cranked the starter no fuel came through. Any idea what the clicking sound I hear is when I turn the key to heat the glow plugs? I used to hear this when everything was running OK but now I'm not hearing it at all so I believe this has something to do with what's going on. Let me know what you think.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza! I beleieve it's an electric fuel pump since it has a fuse at the fuse block. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust and when I took the fuel line bleed plug out and cranked the starter no fuel came through. Any idea what the clicking sound I hear is when I turn the key to heat the glow plugs? I used to hear this when everything was running OK but now I'm not hearing it at all so I believe this has something to do with what's going on. Let me know what you think.
If its runs an electric fuel pump it will let out a constant tick sound. I would trace your fuel line and confirm that you do have an electric fuel pump. If its there, check you have power to it. If there is no power check the fuese and if there is power and no noise coming from it, i would say its burnt out.
What engine does your machine run? it really should have its own internal fuel pump... You just need something like a hand primer to prime the system and the lift pump takes care of the rest.
For a test, you could buy a hand pump like used in out board motors, hook it up to a length of hose and connect it direct to the injector pump. Squeeze out the air and get good fuel flowing and try and start the engine.
Let me know how you go.