Bobcat over the tyre tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

newy1234

I am thinking of getting a set of the over the tyre type tracks for my 743 to use on my property. I have some gullys I would like to go down and be able to get back out of again!
Has anyone had any experience with these type of tracks? Do they work? Do they damage anything on the machine?
Thanks

Kermode

They work great. You may need wheel spacers to get enough clearance between the frame and the tracks. Other than that, just bolt them on and go.

ZANMAN

They work great. You may need wheel spacers to get enough clearance between the frame and the tracks. Other than that, just bolt them on and go.
Make sure your chaincase is filled with good fluid, and in good shape. Those strap on tracks destroy chaincases. I have rebuilt about 30 chaincases, all due to track usage and newer models with 2 speed beind used in wrong conditions. If a Bobcat came with 4 tires, it was designed for only 4 tires.

OldMachinist

Make sure your chaincase is filled with good fluid, and in good shape. Those strap on tracks destroy chaincases. I have rebuilt about 30 chaincases, all due to track usage and newer models with 2 speed beind used in wrong conditions. If a Bobcat came with 4 tires, it was designed for only 4 tires.
I agree you should inspect your chaincase before using over the tire tracks. As far as doing damage I've used them on my machine for 5 years from late fall to spring. I just had my chaincase open for cleaning and fixing a leaky cover, saw no sign of excess wear. So for non-comercial home/farm use you should be okay as long as you install them properly.

Kermode

I agree you should inspect your chaincase before using over the tire tracks. As far as doing damage I've used them on my machine for 5 years from late fall to spring. I just had my chaincase open for cleaning and fixing a leaky cover, saw no sign of excess wear. So for non-comercial home/farm use you should be okay as long as you install them properly.
Over the last ten years I've run OTT's on a 853, a 205,and two separate S185's. I've never had chaincase problems. I put over 1000 hrs a year on my Bobcats and I sold the 853 with 9000+ hours on it. As far as I'm concerned, Bobcat chaincases are bulletproof if you keep oil in them.

stupadazole

I've been running Loengring F series on my 943 for the last two years. My'Cat never leaves the farm so it's always on soft dirt, mud, or grass. Best thing I ever did was add tracks. The only precaution I take is to limit counter rotating the tracks. I'm afraid the extra traction will break something expensive, not to mention how bad they tear up the ground when I do. About two weeks ago I picked up a lag bolt in a rear tire. Tire went down fast and threw the track. The track also broke the bead on the tire when it came off. What an adventure that was droping the track in the middle of the field (temp was pushing 100) so I could baby the 'Cat back to the barn.

OP
OP
N

newy1234

I've been running Loengring F series on my 943 for the last two years. My'Cat never leaves the farm so it's always on soft dirt, mud, or grass. Best thing I ever did was add tracks. The only precaution I take is to limit counter rotating the tracks. I'm afraid the extra traction will break something expensive, not to mention how bad they tear up the ground when I do. About two weeks ago I picked up a lag bolt in a rear tire. Tire went down fast and threw the track. The track also broke the bead on the tire when it came off. What an adventure that was droping the track in the middle of the field (temp was pushing 100) so I could baby the 'Cat back to the barn.
Ok, thanks for all the replys. It will only be used on my property on soft ground etc.