Bobcat M700 repower with kubota diesel.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Skudd93

Hey everyone. I'm working on installing a kubota v1305 in my M700 skidsteer. My question is regarding crank rotation. I know these had a wisconsin 4 cyl originally which may have been oriented to spin reverse. When I got the skidsteer it had already been swapped to a kubota v1902 and it was set up to turn the hydrostatic pump from the front of the engine. I just wanted to be sure this was correct or should I have the flywheel side run the pump? I saw somewhere that someone mentioned the hydrostatic pump doesn't care which way it spins but I have no clue if that's correct or not. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Tazza

Staff member
The pumps do not like being spun the wrong way, but you can flip internal parts over to make it work correctly. If the motor spins the wrong direction, you can modify the pumps to work.
How are you going to cool the motor? as the M700 has an air cooled motor

OP
OP
S

Skudd93

The pumps do not like being spun the wrong way, but you can flip internal parts over to make it work correctly. If the motor spins the wrong direction, you can modify the pumps to work.
How are you going to cool the motor? as the M700 has an air cooled motor
Would you happen to know where to point me to figure out what needs to be changed around to reverse the pump direction? It has a radiator mounted over the engine area with an electric cooling fan on a toggle switch for cooling.

Tazza

Staff member
Would you happen to know where to point me to figure out what needs to be changed around to reverse the pump direction? It has a radiator mounted over the engine area with an electric cooling fan on a toggle switch for cooling.
See if i can explain it, it may be long winded and best if you actually can see what i'm talking about.
The piston pumps have a rotating group and a wear plate that it runs on as it spins. It will have holes in it that allow the fluid that is being pressureized from the pistons in the rotating group, these holes should have a small slot cut on one side only, this is the leading edge. If you can imagine an arrow, the small slot is the tail, the opening is the head of the arrow. I believe this is for lubrication but nt 100% sure.
To reverse the operating direction, you swap plates from one side to the other as each pump will have one clockwise, and one anti-clockwise one.
Now the hydraulic pump, hopwfully you have a vane pump, these are very easy to reverse direction by removing the centre section, it will have an arrow cast into it. Take it out, middle vane section too, and flip it around so the arrow is in the direction of the motor rotation.
Hopefully some of that makes sense, if you need more details, look up my profile and email me, i don't get on the forum as much as i used to :(