Bobcat m600

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dkaberna

I just purchased this unit and know virtually nothing about the machine or bobcats in general. I have a few questions and sure would love any input people would be willing to share 1. I thought I've read the hydraulic tanks on both side equal out on fluid. I'm wondering if this is true based on the fact it turns well in direction but not the other. Left side has the the check holes but don't see them on the right side. 2. I have on the back side 2 smaller belts that appear to be running the bucket hydraulics and maybe the main lifting hydraulics. The belts are too loose and can smell them starting to get warm when used. Need to tighten them. Any suggestions?? 3. One of the main lift cylinders has a leak. I took it apart and their is a rubber seal and something next to it that looks like a leather oring that is for sure damaged. Wondering how to replace it to stop the leaking. Thank you so much in advance!

alchemysa

Suggestion on where to find the service manual? I ask because I think I have one, but it doesn't address these topics. Thanks!
The original hydraulics are driven directly from a pump mounted to the Wisconsin engine. The only belts were a very large belt running the drive shaft and (sometimes) a smaller belt running an alternator.
Perhaps yours has had a swap to a different engine.
Anyway, I suggest you google the following line and go there for help. Its a group for owners of old Bobcats. You can paste pictures easily, and in the files you will find all the parts diagrams, and service books.
'Melroe bobcat owners of america group public group'

alchemysa

The original hydraulics are driven directly from a pump mounted to the Wisconsin engine. The only belts were a very large belt running the drive shaft and (sometimes) a smaller belt running an alternator.
Perhaps yours has had a swap to a different engine.
Anyway, I suggest you google the following line and go there for help. Its a group for owners of old Bobcats. You can paste pictures easily, and in the files you will find all the parts diagrams, and service books.
'Melroe bobcat owners of america group public group'
In my previous post I was talking about the most common 600 with the Wisconsin engine. I just remembered there were a couple of diesel versions. The Peter diesel had a belt driven pump as you describe. I have PDF's of the Peter service manual and the Hydraulics . Send me a private email if you want them.

alchemysa

In my previous post I was talking about the most common 600 with the Wisconsin engine. I just remembered there were a couple of diesel versions. The Peter diesel had a belt driven pump as you describe. I have PDF's of the Peter service manual and the Hydraulics . Send me a private email if you want them.
As for your original questions, yes the oil flows from side to side. Theres a box shaped channel connecting the two sides. (Its located under the hydraulic valve unit.)
Last time I looked, oil seal kits were available on ebay. Just type in '610 lift or tilt cylinder kit'.
Poor movement on one side could be a few things. First thing to check is clutch adjustment. Easily done by removing the 2 caps on each side and following the instructions in the book. If that doesnt fix it, and your oil level is OK, you will need to remove the large side covers and look deeper.

walio123

As for your original questions, yes the oil flows from side to side. Theres a box shaped channel connecting the two sides. (Its located under the hydraulic valve unit.)
Last time I looked, oil seal kits were available on ebay. Just type in '610 lift or tilt cylinder kit'.
Poor movement on one side could be a few things. First thing to check is clutch adjustment. Easily done by removing the 2 caps on each side and following the instructions in the book. If that doesnt fix it, and your oil level is OK, you will need to remove the large side covers and look deeper.
i can send you service manual and operation manual if you need,Write an email.

OP
OP
Dkaberna

Dkaberna

This unit I purchased did have a different engine installed in it. They also added a secondary hydraulic systems to it. I have pictures I will try to post.

OP
OP
Dkaberna

Dkaberna

This unit I purchased did have a different engine installed in it. They also added a secondary hydraulic systems to it. I have pictures I will try to post.
Not having luck uploading pics. Getting server error, will try again tomorrow

Unicam

Not having luck uploading pics. Getting server error, will try again tomorrow
As far as not turning well in one direction, it probably still has clutch drive. The levers should have about 2-3" of travel fore and aft ( although mine need to be closer to the 2" ). If you have more travel in the levers than that, look on the machine sides for two large nuts. Under those nuts there is castle nuts to adjust clutch pressure plate clearance, if you have too much clearance, they can,t fully engage. you can remove the cotter pin and tighten the castle nuts one hole at a time then check for change. The rear one is for forward and the one in front is the reverse clutch. This time of year mine spins like a top on ice and snow But can be pretty sensitive To dry pavement and proper tire pressure is important for turning.