Bobcat Clark 300 Farmboy, Manual

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sLarsen

I have a old Bobcat Clark 300 Farmboy and I am trying to find a repair manual, part list etc.. Have been talking to Bobcat but they say that they have nothing on file. So, I hope that some of you perhaps have on or know where to find one. Thanks

SkidRoe

Hi,
I can't say that I have ever heard of a machine described quite like that. There is a Bobcat Farmboy model, which is quite similar to the 440.
Any machine that has a 3XX designation is different though - they are an older design with a clutch drive system.
What engine does your have? Is it a single cylinder or twin cylinder?
Is it a hydrostatic drive or clutch drive?
does it have 1 or 2 bucket cylinders?
Do you have a picture of the machine?
Hopefully we can figure out what you have.
Cheers - SR

OP
OP
S

sLarsen

Hi,
I can't say that I have ever heard of a machine described quite like that. There is a Bobcat Farmboy model, which is quite similar to the 440.
Any machine that has a 3XX designation is different though - they are an older design with a clutch drive system.
What engine does your have? Is it a single cylinder or twin cylinder?
Is it a hydrostatic drive or clutch drive?
does it have 1 or 2 bucket cylinders?
Do you have a picture of the machine?
Hopefully we can figure out what you have.
Cheers - SR
Hi SR,

Well I guess it is an old peace og machinery, but it works and are in good condition taking the age in to consideration ????

As I can see it is a clutch drive and it has 2 bucket cylinders, the engine I am not sure of but have a look at the image below.
It also have a 2 way hydralic outtake that is used for the excavator addon.

IMG_2053.JPG
IMG_2056.JPG
IMG_2058.JPG
IMG_2429.JPG
IMG_2430.JPG
IMG_2431.JPG

Will this help getting closer?

Regards Steen

sethb411

Hi SR,

Well I guess it is an old peace og machinery, but it works and are in good condition taking the age in to consideration ????

As I can see it is a clutch drive and it has 2 bucket cylinders, the engine I am not sure of but have a look at the image below.

Regards Steen
Unrelated, but that looks very similar to the design of the Rounder L-600. I'll bet Rounder copied some of their design elements off Bobcat or vise-versa.

SkidRoe

Hi SR,

Regards Steen
Hi Steen,
Yes, that helps a lot. I would look for a manual for a 310, 313 or a 343 - all very similar machines. We used to have an M371 - also similar, but older.
Interesting choice of engines, most others had Kohler single cylinder engines fitted as original equipment.
Cheers - SR

Hotrod1830

Hi Steen,
Yes, that helps a lot. I would look for a manual for a 310, 313 or a 343 - all very similar machines. We used to have an M371 - also similar, but older.
Interesting choice of engines, most others had Kohler single cylinder engines fitted as original equipment.
Cheers - SR
I have seen references on the net before about a rare bobcat machine made in Japan. Looks LIke I finally seen one. Although it looks very simular to my old 310, there appears to be a few differences. Check in the UK and europe for a manual.(europe ebay)
Beyond that, if your needing help with something, post it up and we will try and help you thru it.

OP
OP
S

sLarsen

I have seen references on the net before about a rare bobcat machine made in Japan. Looks LIke I finally seen one. Although it looks very simular to my old 310, there appears to be a few differences. Check in the UK and europe for a manual.(europe ebay)
Beyond that, if your needing help with something, post it up and we will try and help you thru it.
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.
Normally rare is a good thing, but I think in this case it means a lot of problems getting the right parts…

But I believe I found a manual on the 310 when I was looking earlier, but jump them as it was the 300 I was looking for.

But I will give them a go.

Regards Steen

c_a

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.
Normally rare is a good thing, but I think in this case it means a lot of problems getting the right parts…

But I believe I found a manual on the 310 when I was looking earlier, but jump them as it was the 300 I was looking for.

But I will give them a go.

Regards Steen
Hello Steen, have you found some more information about your old machine? I bought a 300 farmboy last week, when it is running, it is a lot of fun to work with, but I am struggeling with the carburetor. Sometimes I have no more fuel in the carb, I think the valve is blocked, the carb is from mikuni. What brand and type is the engine? Here is a short video from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FIKWwYEW0E Thank you and kind regards from germany.

c_a

Hello Steen, have you found some more information about your old machine? I bought a 300 farmboy last week, when it is running, it is a lot of fun to work with, but I am struggeling with the carburetor. Sometimes I have no more fuel in the carb, I think the valve is blocked, the carb is from mikuni. What brand and type is the engine? Here is a short video from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FIKWwYEW0E Thank you and kind regards from germany.
I am searching for an air filter as well.

foton

I am searching for an air filter as well.
I would suggest to take the carb off and get the model numbers from it( since you know the manufacturer ) and get a rebuilt kit for it. I think that would be the easiest for you. If it is running out of fuel chances are the needle and float are not working correctly.

OP
OP
S

sLarsen

Hi CA.

I was in contact with Bobcat, but was only able to get the table of contents for the manual. According to the person I spoke to this was the only thing stored on there micro film.

I used information from the 310 and tried to move that information over to my 300. I got the problem fixed.
The motor I have not had problems with, but I do see that the V-belt from the motor to the hydralic are beeing used rapetly so I think I am using the wrong one.
Can you see what type you are using?

c_a

Hi CA.

I was in contact with Bobcat, but was only able to get the table of contents for the manual. According to the person I spoke to this was the only thing stored on there micro film.

I used information from the 310 and tried to move that information over to my 300. I got the problem fixed.
The motor I have not had problems with, but I do see that the V-belt from the motor to the hydralic are beeing used rapetly so I think I am using the wrong one.
Can you see what type you are using?
I have the skid now in my yard, the engine is a Kubota GN4000-H-TCM with 12HP max. and 8.5HP cont. If somebody knows an airfilter for sale, please let me know. After an ultra sonic cleaing of the carb the engine runs fine. Could anybody confirm that this machine has no seperate hydraulic tank? I found only one plug in front of the seat.

foton

I have the skid now in my yard, the engine is a Kubota GN4000-H-TCM with 12HP max. and 8.5HP cont. If somebody knows an airfilter for sale, please let me know. After an ultra sonic cleaing of the carb the engine runs fine. Could anybody confirm that this machine has no seperate hydraulic tank? I found only one plug in front of the seat.
I would think that the oil for the chains is your hydro oil also (guess) that was the way my 500 was.

farmer.palmer

I have a parts book in PDF for the Bobcat 300 with the Kubota engine as above, happy to share it if anyone wants it. It's useful for exploded diagrams and such, but most parts are now obsolete from Bobcat.
I am struggling to find the correct size of the V belts used on it, mine didn't have any on it when I bought it. Can anyone help?
TIA

foton

harbor freight carrys a link type v-belt , so it can be made to whatever lenght. They say they run with less vibration and better pulley engagement, I can conferm that, as I run one on my tablesaw with very good results. If you go to the belt manf. web site several belt widths are available so you should be able to get the correct ones to match the pulley width dimensions. now the costs are more than a conventional belt but I feel it might be a good option for you.

opalhunter

I have a parts book in PDF for the Bobcat 300 with the Kubota engine as above, happy to share it if anyone wants it. It's useful for exploded diagrams and such, but most parts are now obsolete from Bobcat.
I am struggling to find the correct size of the V belts used on it, mine didn't have any on it when I bought it. Can anyone help?
TIA
hi would we be able to get parts book pdf please.

brdgbldr