BOBCAT 963 CODES

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DR TURBO

HELLO & THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.JUST BOUGHT 963-SOMETIMES BUCKET WORKS SOMETIMES NOT-MORE NOT.CODES ARE 9-21 THINK THIS MAY BE FUEL GUAGE INOP? SECOND CODE 32-40 DEALER INSTALLED NEW LEFT SIDE HANDLE CONTOLS AND NEW HARNESS AT HANDLE. THANKS AGAIN DOC

thetool

9-21 is Fuel Level Out of Range High--most likely a bad sender.
32-40 is ACS Lift Handle/Pedal not in Neutral--Replacing the left handle can fix this code. Is it still throwing this code after they replaced the handle? Do you have both foot and hand controls? You will also get this code if you or something is pressing on the handle when you power up the system.

thetool

9-21 is Fuel Level Out of Range High--most likely a bad sender.
32-40 is ACS Lift Handle/Pedal not in Neutral--Replacing the left handle can fix this code. Is it still throwing this code after they replaced the handle? Do you have both foot and hand controls? You will also get this code if you or something is pressing on the handle when you power up the system.
I forgot to mention---Good Luck! I really don't like the 963, but I'm not an operator. It's too big to work on from the ground, and I'm too big to get inside it. A T300 will do everything the 963 will and more. Not hacking on you or your choice, but why did you get a 963?

OP
OP
D

DR TURBO

I forgot to mention---Good Luck! I really don't like the 963, but I'm not an operator. It's too big to work on from the ground, and I'm too big to get inside it. A T300 will do everything the 963 will and more. Not hacking on you or your choice, but why did you get a 963?
HELLO SHANE IT WAS A $2500 MACHINE WITH BOBCAT GRAPPLE THATS WHY IT WAS BOUGHT.YOUR RIGHT BIG.THE HANDLE WAS REPLACED AS WAS THE HARNESS.WHEN I PRESS OPERATE LOADER BUTTON HAVE ALL 4 LIGHTS-AS YOU MOVE LEFT ARE RIGHT HANDLE LIFT AND TILT LIGHT GOES OUTAND AHC LIGHT COMES ON.BUCKET WILL WORK ONE OUT OF 30 TIMES.NO FOOT CONTROLS.THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY HELP WORKING ON A BUDGET.THANKS DOC

skidboy

HELLO SHANE IT WAS A $2500 MACHINE WITH BOBCAT GRAPPLE THATS WHY IT WAS BOUGHT.YOUR RIGHT BIG.THE HANDLE WAS REPLACED AS WAS THE HARNESS.WHEN I PRESS OPERATE LOADER BUTTON HAVE ALL 4 LIGHTS-AS YOU MOVE LEFT ARE RIGHT HANDLE LIFT AND TILT LIGHT GOES OUTAND AHC LIGHT COMES ON.BUCKET WILL WORK ONE OUT OF 30 TIMES.NO FOOT CONTROLS.THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY HELP WORKING ON A BUDGET.THANKS DOC
If your machine has no foot controls then it is a SJC machine and 32-40 is a RH joystick problem. You may need to replace the RH joystick.

thetool

If your machine has no foot controls then it is a SJC machine and 32-40 is a RH joystick problem. You may need to replace the RH joystick.
Not sure about that. I don't think BC made an SJC 963, and the code would have a 38 prefix. This is an AHC machine I'm pretty sure.
Since they already replaced the handle, check the wiring between the handle and the controller, and check the pins in the plugs on everything.
Also check that your bolts in the handle that the potentiometer pivots on are aligned and snug.
Some questions to clear the air: Can you switch it to drive with the left handle, or is it an SJC machine? If not, do you have a yellow button on the left handle for float?

OP
OP
D

DR TURBO

Not sure about that. I don't think BC made an SJC 963, and the code would have a 38 prefix. This is an AHC machine I'm pretty sure.
Since they already replaced the handle, check the wiring between the handle and the controller, and check the pins in the plugs on everything.
Also check that your bolts in the handle that the potentiometer pivots on are aligned and snug.
Some questions to clear the air: Can you switch it to drive with the left handle, or is it an SJC machine? If not, do you have a yellow button on the left handle for float?
HELLO AGAIN NOT SURE ABOUT SJC OR AHC FOOT PEDALS HAVE NO CONTROLS-FOOT REST? NO DELUX RIGHT SIDE PANEL.BLACK CONECTOR-NO WIRES-BLOCK OFF PIN PLUGS. NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING DRIVE WITH LEFT HANDLE-IF WITH SWITH DONT KNOW HOW? YES YELLOW BUTTON FLOAT OPTION.DONT SEE POTENTIOMETER IN LEFT HANDLE-HIDDEN?THANKS DOC

thetool

HELLO AGAIN NOT SURE ABOUT SJC OR AHC FOOT PEDALS HAVE NO CONTROLS-FOOT REST? NO DELUX RIGHT SIDE PANEL.BLACK CONECTOR-NO WIRES-BLOCK OFF PIN PLUGS. NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING DRIVE WITH LEFT HANDLE-IF WITH SWITH DONT KNOW HOW? YES YELLOW BUTTON FLOAT OPTION.DONT SEE POTENTIOMETER IN LEFT HANDLE-HIDDEN?THANKS DOC
If you can drive it with the left handle it is an SJC machine, but you can't, so it's not, so alrighty then........=).
A yellow button on the handle indicates that it is the latest gear so that's not a problem.
On the handle, if you pull the rubber boot up, you can see an assembly with a plunger. That is the potentiometer, or "sensor" as Bobcat calls it. The bottom is through-bolted to the fixed part of the handle, and the top or plunger side it boted to the pivoting handle. moving the handle runs the plunger in and out of the body, which generates the signal for the servos, or "actuators" on the control valve, all run the the controller on the machine.
If the bolts or pivots on the handle are loose or out of alingnment, you will get your code, because when in neutral, the handle sensor may not be in what it thinks the neutral should be, and it has to be there on power up for safety. It's programmed like that so your boom or bucket don't move when you start the engine.
I don't know what they did when you say they recently replaced the handle. If they replaced the whole handle, it should be okay. If they only replaced the handle sensor, it's easy to screw up the alignement. The holes for the pivots get egged out. Stuff like that. Or they could have replaced it with a faulty part. How long ago did they fix it? You could have a parts warranty issue. They could have misdiagnosed it and replace the handle when you really have a controller problem.
Additionally, even with these problems, it sounds like you got a good deal on the machine, and I see why you got it.

thetool

If you can drive it with the left handle it is an SJC machine, but you can't, so it's not, so alrighty then........=).
A yellow button on the handle indicates that it is the latest gear so that's not a problem.
On the handle, if you pull the rubber boot up, you can see an assembly with a plunger. That is the potentiometer, or "sensor" as Bobcat calls it. The bottom is through-bolted to the fixed part of the handle, and the top or plunger side it boted to the pivoting handle. moving the handle runs the plunger in and out of the body, which generates the signal for the servos, or "actuators" on the control valve, all run the the controller on the machine.
If the bolts or pivots on the handle are loose or out of alingnment, you will get your code, because when in neutral, the handle sensor may not be in what it thinks the neutral should be, and it has to be there on power up for safety. It's programmed like that so your boom or bucket don't move when you start the engine.
I don't know what they did when you say they recently replaced the handle. If they replaced the whole handle, it should be okay. If they only replaced the handle sensor, it's easy to screw up the alignement. The holes for the pivots get egged out. Stuff like that. Or they could have replaced it with a faulty part. How long ago did they fix it? You could have a parts warranty issue. They could have misdiagnosed it and replace the handle when you really have a controller problem.
Additionally, even with these problems, it sounds like you got a good deal on the machine, and I see why you got it.
I've reread the thread and some things aren't making sense. You said previously that you had all four lights and when you stroked the handle it faults out. 32-40 will fault when you hit the green button. It won't wait until you stroke the handle.
A bad actuator can let you power up the system, but fault when you stroke the handle. Is 32-40 your only 32- code?

OP
OP
D

DR TURBO

I've reread the thread and some things aren't making sense. You said previously that you had all four lights and when you stroked the handle it faults out. 32-40 will fault when you hit the green button. It won't wait until you stroke the handle.
A bad actuator can let you power up the system, but fault when you stroke the handle. Is 32-40 your only 32- code?
HELLO CODE IS 32-40 GREEN BUTTON PUSHED ALL 4 LIGHTS-FINE UNTILL YOU MOVE LEFT OR RIGHT HANDLE-TILT OR RAISE-LOWER.LIFT TILL VALVE LIGHT GOES OUT-AHC LIGHT ON CODE 32-40-LIGHT WILL RESET AFTER KEY CYCLE.DOSENT FAULT CODE WHEN GREEN BUTTON HIT ONLY WHEN LEVER LEFT OR RIGHT MOVED. WORKED OK TWICE YESTERDAY.

thetool

HELLO CODE IS 32-40 GREEN BUTTON PUSHED ALL 4 LIGHTS-FINE UNTILL YOU MOVE LEFT OR RIGHT HANDLE-TILT OR RAISE-LOWER.LIFT TILL VALVE LIGHT GOES OUT-AHC LIGHT ON CODE 32-40-LIGHT WILL RESET AFTER KEY CYCLE.DOSENT FAULT CODE WHEN GREEN BUTTON HIT ONLY WHEN LEVER LEFT OR RIGHT MOVED. WORKED OK TWICE YESTERDAY.
Got me stumped, then. You either have a problem in your harness, handle, actuator or controller, or a combination. That's all there is, so I'm not much help.
My best guess is a controller problem, because it's acting way screwy.....
Are you absolutely sure that your only code is 32-40? If you press and hold the light switch it will scroll through all the codes.

Latest posts