Bobcat 873

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scokat

My 873 has a engine oil leak i think its dripping from the oil cooler. I can tell where, but itsa from up there. Im not sure if its a seal or the cooler itself. I lifted the top cooler up and out, now i need to disconnect the oil cooler. How do i insure the oil is drained from the oil cooler? Or is it i just drain as much as I can from the engine drain and go from there? If anyone has done this before I would appreciate some advice.

brdgbldr

My 873 has an engine oil leak i think its dripping from the oil cooler. I can tell where, but itsa from up there. Im not sure if its a seal or the cooler itself. I lifted the top cooler up and out, now i need to disconnect the oil cooler. How do i insure the oil is drained from the oil cooler? Or is it i just drain as much as I can from the engine drain and go from there? If anyone has done this before I would appreciate some advice.
You should be able to look up the total oil capacity in the specs of your specific machine. Then just measure what comes out and compare.

You can look these up in the parts catalog.

I have attached a photo of some of the specs but you should check with your serial number.

Attachments

• IMG_0408.png
    IMG_0408.png
    255.2 KB · Views: 49

Markle

Jumping on this a bit late…but the answer is to drain the oil at the pan drain when warm…open up at supper…come back next morning. You never get all of it out this way though it's standard oil change procedure.

RC_Farms_377

Jumping on this even later, and it's possible you've already finished the job.

My 873 had an oil leak below the engine and I had to take the whole thing out.

The thing with the oil cooler is that you can't drain all of the oil out until you remove it from the skid steer due to how it is situated above the engine.

Once out, then you can tilt it at an angle to drain all of the oil completely, unless you're going to just replace the cooler to address the issue.

Best regards. :)