Bobcat 864 fuel system,no ball pressure.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SteveinNC

Checked check valve in tank,put new fuel filter on,it's getting fuel all the way to the injector pumps but can't get fuel out of injectors by pumping ball or turning key. Ball pressure never builds up.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

brdgbldr

Checked check valve in tank,put new fuel filter on,it's getting fuel all the way to the injector pumps but can't get fuel out of injectors by pumping ball or turning key. Ball pressure never builds up.
Any suggestions? Thanks!
Try replacing the primer ball. It has an internal check valve.

Make sure that you don't have any cracks or pinholes in your fuel lines. I hope you checked the intake tube in the tank when you checked the check valve. The intake tubes are notorious for cracking.

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

Thanks!
I replaced the primer ball,all rubber fuel lines from tank to rail,replaced intake tube with check valve.

Tazza

Staff member
Give me more details, is this machine running a deutz? we have worked on quite a few of them, i have never been in the workshop when they are installing the fuel pumps. I'm wondering if the fuel rack is not moving, so you get fuel to the pumps, but they are in the position that delivers no fuel to the injectors.

polishpete

ok just tryiying to help u so what is the issue no start right
well if u want spray a little either see if it talks
at least u will know the injectors work

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

It did start with ether but when I cut it off it didn't start back up. Maybe not getting enough fuel to the injectors.

polishpete

oh so thats good unot geting fuel to heads or air crack a injector loose till fuel comes out crank till fuel come

polishpete

could be your fuep pump leaking pput a etric fuel pump on should
solve you issue i did that works fine i own three machinis