Bobcat 864 fuel system,no ball pressure.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

polishpete

u have put the pum in two wires black is ground to the frame other one
is hot to red with a on and off switch or find a fuse thats hot with key on stick it in therir

Tazza

Staff member
The fuel rack must move, it sounds to me that your pumps are stuck in the no fuel delivery position.

These engines run 4 injector pumps, for one to be bad is a possibility, but all 4, it has to be a common issue, and i'd suspect the throttle control to the pumps.

As i mentioned, i have never worked on one, but i do know there is a rack that joins all 4 injectors together. It's possible one injector is stuck, making none move. I also don't know how the fuel shut off solenoid works, but with it removed, you should be able to move the part it pushes on and it will move, the solenoid will push it in one direction to shut the fuel off.

I hope some of that makes sense.

The mechanic we have that works on these engines is not back till the first week of January, if we don't make progress in here, i can always hit him up for you when he is back

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

The fuel rack must move, it sounds to me that your pumps are stuck in the no fuel delivery position.

These engines run 4 injector pumps, for one to be bad is a possibility, but all 4, it has to be a common issue, and i'd suspect the throttle control to the pumps.

As i mentioned, i have never worked on one, but i do know there is a rack that joins all 4 injectors together. It's possible one injector is stuck, making none move. I also don't know how the fuel shut off solenoid works, but with it removed, you should be able to move the part it pushes on and it will move, the solenoid will push it in one direction to shut the fuel off.

I hope some of that makes sense.

The mechanic we have that works on these engines is not back till the first week of January, if we don't make progress in here, i can always hit him up for you when he is back
Thanks for your reply! If you could contact your mechanic after he gets back than that would be great, thanks!

polishpete

WELL the oly thinh i could think of is u have air in the system vrything chercks
out ok rack opens cranks fuel enters etc if it starts a little with either than its a fuel issue
if nothin than its electrical best bet ebectric fuel pump and crack loose a injector

oiu789

Does the primer bulb squeeze up and get hard? I not disconnect the out and plug it and try to pump it up it should get hard if not there something wrong between it and the tank pick up. You could try the little blue pill! Just kidding! If it gets hard re hook it up and do the as above the out let of the filter then the out put of the lift pump. If it gets hard when the lift pump is out put is plunged then there must be something wrong in the injection pump IE stuck rack closed or fuel bleeding back to return or going into crank case. You could remove the return line from the injection pump a squeeze the bulb to see if it is returning a lot.