Bobcat 863 auxiliary hydraulics not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dave T

New to this so please I need help if u can. Bobcat 863 1999 high flow F series serial# 514427712 I have a bobcat 863 high flow I can not get the auxiliary hydraulics to work I have checked all relays (found one bad) I have checked all spoll valves (replaced 3, one for the BICS system and the 2 that controll auxiliary flow) checked solenoids found 1 bad for high flow control. Checked the controll handles switches on the steering sticks all switches fall with in manufactures specs. Replaced auxiliary controll switch in cab on right hand dash panel. Checked the auxiliary controll module per manufacture specs and pulled it out put in another machine worked fine. Verified getting power to all coils and they have magnetic pull. There are no codes being displayed on dash panel both lights are on steady no blinking. Control valve has been recently rebuilt. Hoses replaced. Where do I go from here?

jverderame

Hi, I just joined the forum as well to post a question about my 1995 763 aux hydraulic popping fuses. I can't provide much help other than asking if you hear the aux engage/whine, or the motor rpm change at all, when you push the aux switch left or right. I would be confused as well as you have done everything I would have check as well. Possible a stuck valve or something on the aux hyd control? What I am wondering is how you checked the auxiliary control module for manufacture specs as I need to do that to mine as I suspect it is bad. Sorry if this hijacks this thread, as if so, I will delete my post and private message you. Thanks

OP
OP
D

Dave T

Hi, I just joined the forum as well to post a question about my 1995 763 aux hydraulic popping fuses. I can't provide much help other than asking if you hear the aux engage/whine, or the motor rpm change at all, when you push the aux switch left or right. I would be confused as well as you have done everything I would have check as well. Possible a stuck valve or something on the aux hyd control? What I am wondering is how you checked the auxiliary control module for manufacture specs as I need to do that to mine as I suspect it is bad. Sorry if this hijacks this thread, as if so, I will delete my post and private message you. Thanks
On standard flow you cannot hear the auxiliary engage/wine there is no change in motor RPM if you flip The high flow switch on and hit one of the buttons on the left joystick you can hear a slight wine or change of motor RPM. One of my manuals that I purchased for the machine has a detailed procedure on checking the auxiliary control unit. Basically it takes you through the procedures step-by-step on what switches and buttons To push in what sequence to get a voltage reading for a certain wire.

jverderame

On standard flow you cannot hear the auxiliary engage/wine there is no change in motor RPM if you flip The high flow switch on and hit one of the buttons on the left joystick you can hear a slight wine or change of motor RPM. One of my manuals that I purchased for the machine has a detailed procedure on checking the auxiliary control unit. Basically it takes you through the procedures step-by-step on what switches and buttons To push in what sequence to get a voltage reading for a certain wire.
Hey Dave, I am not sure how to Private Message on here but is there any way you could email me that manual, or post a screenshot of the procedure from it. I have a manual for a 753 and a 773 which I would assume are quite similar as I would like to run that same test on my Aux control unit. In my 773 manual it does show troubleshooting on how to test for output from the aux, just not the control unit itself. Thanks

OP
OP
D

Dave T

Hey Dave, I am not sure how to Private Message on here but is there any way you could email me that manual, or post a screenshot of the procedure from it. I have a manual for a 753 and a 773 which I would assume are quite similar as I would like to run that same test on my Aux control unit. In my 773 manual it does show troubleshooting on how to test for output from the aux, just not the control unit itself. Thanks
Not able to attach files and or pictures in this forum I would need your contact information of some sort and I could send you a screenshot of those pages

DMR

Hi, I just joined the forum as well to post a question about my 1995 763 aux hydraulic popping fuses. I can't provide much help other than asking if you hear the aux engage/whine, or the motor rpm change at all, when you push the aux switch left or right. I would be confused as well as you have done everything I would have check as well. Possible a stuck valve or something on the aux hyd control? What I am wondering is how you checked the auxiliary control module for manufacture specs as I need to do that to mine as I suspect it is bad. Sorry if this hijacks this thread, as if so, I will delete my post and private message you.
New to this so please I need help if u can. Bobcat 863 1999 high flow F series serial# 514427712 I have a bobcat 863 high flow I can not get the auxiliary hydraulics to work I have checked all relays (found one bad) I have checked all spoll valves (replaced 3, one for the BICS system and the 2 that controll auxiliary flow) checked solenoids found 1 bad for high flow control. Checked the controll handles switches on the steering sticks all switches fall with in manufactures specs. Replaced auxiliary controll switch in cab on right hand dash panel. Checked the auxiliary controll module per manufacture specs and pulled it out put in another machine worked fine. Verified getting power to all coils and they have magnetic pull. There are no codes being displayed on dash panel both lights are on steady no blinking. Control valve has been recently rebuilt. Hoses replaced. Where do I go from here?
I just joined …I have an 863G SN 514443510 and the auxiliary hydraulics (momentary and high flow) are working EXCEPT after one toggle on the right thumb switch the grapple opens, there is NO returning hydraulic flow response to close the grapple down when the right switch is toggled again. I tested both coils (part 6717706) at 3.5 and 3.6 ohms … Bobcat manual says 5-8 ohms so as a first step I'm replacing both coils …Oddly I didn't feel any magnetic pull from either coil when I tested them both with the machine keyed to ON (not started) then using the right thumb switch. Same thing when I keyed ON and put the auxiliary hydraulics on (not started). Because the auxiliary hydraulics have been used in quite a few years, I'm also concerned that one or both of the Solenoid stem valves (part 6676249) might be stuck. Any advice? Did you solve your auxiliary hydraulics issue? Thanks