Bobcat 773G radiator cover gas strut

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jambalini

Does anyone know if you can buy a aftermarket gas strut to fit the radiator cover on a Bobcat 773G? The bobcat part no. is 6674285 and is quite expensive here in the UK (£48.15+VAT & carriage). I'm sure it should just be a generic strut, I just don't know which one. I don't have even and old one to measure and try to identify, plus I don't know how much pressure/load it should have. Any help would be great. :)

foton

there might be a name and number on the arm , wipe it off carefully and see if there is a number then do a computer search . That is what I have done to get after market replacements before, good lluck

flyerdan

there might be a name and number on the arm , wipe it off carefully and see if there is a number then do a computer search . That is what I have done to get after market replacements before, good lluck
I was hoping to find a nice cross reference site where you could cross OEM, like for belts or filters but haven't found it yet.
There are a couple that showed up under a general search,
One here at Fastline
and one here at eBay (I doubt that they'd honor free shipping outside CONUSA)
There probably is a stock $8 parts store item, but they make sure that any pictures don't show the writing on the strut so you can find it.

reaperman

I was hoping to find a nice cross reference site where you could cross OEM, like for belts or filters but haven't found it yet.
There are a couple that showed up under a general search,
One here at Fastline
and one here at eBay (I doubt that they'd honor free shipping outside CONUSA)
There probably is a stock $8 parts store item, but they make sure that any pictures don't show the writing on the strut so you can find it.
Here in the US, a lot of auto parts stores have various size struts in stock. I'd remove the old one and take to a parts store and see if they had the proper size.

OP
OP
J

jambalini

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't have one as it is missing from the machine I bought. Does anyone even know the lengths it should be open and closed centre to centre so I can try and aftermarket one?