Bobcat 763G seat bar switch problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rayburn98

Hi all, I have a 763G machine with a seat bar switch problem...works when it wants to, not when I want it to. I just replaced it with a new one..switch/magnet and bushing...the seat bar light is still not always lighting up on the left dash panel. When it does come on there is a click in the fuse box area...is this a relay that also should be replaced? Any help is greatly appreciated. Pete

OP
OP
R

rayburn98

Almost forgot to say that one I get the machine going,it works fine...I can get in and out as much as i want as long as I don't turn the key off. After the key has been shut off,the process starts all over again. Pete

Tazza

Staff member
Almost forgot to say that one I get the machine going,it works fine...I can get in and out as much as i want as long as I don't turn the key off. After the key has been shut off,the process starts all over again. Pete
The click should be the relay to release the brake and lift/tilt lock. I'm not convinced that the relay would be the issue, but it is possible.
The light should come on when the sensor detects the bar is down, not when the system closes the relay. It could be that a wire is damaged between te sensor and the computer.
I'd start by lowering the seat bar and seeing that the light is on, lift the cab with the ignition on and wiggle the wires, see if it goes out. If it doesn't have any issues, pull the sensor and magnet, rotate it inside the sensor to both limits where the light goes out, tape it in the middle point. Turn the key on and off a few times and see if the light coming on is reliable or not. See if it's an alignment issue or not.
Hopefully that makes sense

Ralph123

The click should be the relay to release the brake and lift/tilt lock. I'm not convinced that the relay would be the issue, but it is possible.
The light should come on when the sensor detects the bar is down, not when the system closes the relay. It could be that a wire is damaged between te sensor and the computer.
I'd start by lowering the seat bar and seeing that the light is on, lift the cab with the ignition on and wiggle the wires, see if it goes out. If it doesn't have any issues, pull the sensor and magnet, rotate it inside the sensor to both limits where the light goes out, tape it in the middle point. Turn the key on and off a few times and see if the light coming on is reliable or not. See if it's an alignment issue or not.
Hopefully that makes sense
I have been playing with the exact same problem for over a year. Alignment problem is the key and although everything has been changed I think the same thing is being overlooked that I did. There is a little plastic piece with a plastic key moulded in. Finally bought the 10 buck part and it is fixed.