Bobcat 763 leak under the cab

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CEF763

My Bobcat 763 has a leak under the cab it is only on the right side, I can't really see where it's coming from because it is pretty full of hydraulic fluid. Just curious if anyone has had this issue and can give me a lead or just tips on the best way to fix it. The machine only has 2960 hours on it

brdgbldr

Your best bet is to clean out the machine.

When you say full of hydraulic fluid are you talking just wet or puddled? If it is Puddled your drain holes are clogged and need to be unclogged. Two at the front and two at the back.

Once the machine is clean you should be able to find the leak pretty easily. You should make sure it's clean before you do any work on it anyway.

OP
OP
C

CEF763

Yeah so I was planning on giving it a good cleaning. It's puddled up pretty good. I plan on starting that process in the next day or two. I will let you know how it goes!

ute429

I've had this too, big puddle in the bilge. Found a drain slot from underneath but was blocked by a mix of mud oil and leaf rubbish. Removed side cover between wheels to access the mess. Anyway, after good clean and pressure wash and let dry I started machine and found the leak on a main drive motor hose that had chafed through the rubber and steel braiding. Had a local hydraulic hose maker match a new one to fit with new O rings and all good. Hope this helps, cheers.

OP
OP
C

CEF763

My Bobcat 763 has a leak under the cab it is only on the right side, I can't really see where it's coming from because it is pretty full of hydraulic fluid. Just curious if anyone has had this issue and can give me a lead or just tips on the best way to fix it. The machine only has 2960 hours on it
Update I finally was able to tear into my machine I found the leak. It's coming from I'm guessing a spool valve? Round cover with two ears for the bolts has a hole in the center.

OP
OP
C

CEF763

I've had this too, big puddle in the bilge. Found a drain slot from underneath but was blocked by a mix of mud oil and leaf rubbish. Removed side cover between wheels to access the mess. Anyway, after good clean and pressure wash and let dry I started machine and found the leak on a main drive motor hose that had chafed through the rubber and steel braiding. Had a local hydraulic hose maker match a new one to fit with new O rings and all good. Hope this helps, cheers.
Update I finally was able to tear into my machine I found the leak. It's coming from I'm guessing a spool valve? Round cover with two ears for the bolts has a hole in the center.