BOBCAT 763 #512216380

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

shadesofidaho

Is the thumb screw valve on the injector pump just for bleeding?Should it be normally closed [screwed in]Thank you JOE

Fishfiles

You are talking about the little wheel headed vavle I am thinking , yes it is a bleeder , I usually open it by turning it out , then pump by hand till you can feel a difference in the pumping , and you can hear the fuel going thru back to the tank , what have you found out so far on your starting problem , Joe

OP
OP
S

shadesofidaho

You are talking about the little wheel headed vavle I am thinking , yes it is a bleeder , I usually open it by turning it out , then pump by hand till you can feel a difference in the pumping , and you can hear the fuel going thru back to the tank , what have you found out so far on your starting problem , Joe
Fishfiles Thank you for all the help.I am headed out right now to where 'my skidsteerer is.I put a portable tank on it saturday direct to the injector pump to finish plowing snow.Will let you no progress later. Thanks again Joe

Tazza

Staff member
Fishfiles Thank you for all the help.I am headed out right now to where 'my skidsteerer is.I put a portable tank on it saturday direct to the injector pump to finish plowing snow.Will let you no progress later. Thanks again Joe
It must be closed, if not the engine will start then just die over and over. Don't as me how i know this... *sheepish look* This is after i thoght i killed my engine.

OP
OP
S

shadesofidaho

It must be closed, if not the engine will start then just die over and over. Don't as me how i know this... *sheepish look* This is after i thoght i killed my engine.
Fishfiles & Tazza Today I changed filter again ,only had about 6hrs on it, still only ran for a short time.Hooked remote gravity tank to inlet on filter ,would not run very long again .Hooked it back on injector pump and ran all day.I think the problem is the transfer pump,I guess bthats next? Must not be the hose from tank or pick up hose because the remote by passed them. Thanks you guys again.Joe

Tazza

Staff member
Fishfiles & Tazza Today I changed filter again ,only had about 6hrs on it, still only ran for a short time.Hooked remote gravity tank to inlet on filter ,would not run very long again .Hooked it back on injector pump and ran all day.I think the problem is the transfer pump,I guess bthats next? Must not be the hose from tank or pick up hose because the remote by passed them. Thanks you guys again.Joe
Sounds like you may need a new lift pump. You can open them up and you may be able to clear the clog. Worst case you could put an electric pump in
As least yo know where the problem is.

Fishfiles

Sounds like you may need a new lift pump. You can open them up and you may be able to clear the clog. Worst case you could put an electric pump in
As least yo know where the problem is.
I don't think you can open that fuel pump , some of the old style pumps where servicable with a diapham in them and bolts holding it all together , those have a crimped band around them --------------Joe , I am have a little trouble understanding what you did , the way I would do it would be to get a gallon or so jug of diesel and remove the hose coming from the tank to the primer bulb inlet , put another hose on the primer bulb and into the jug and pump up the system , try and start and run the machine , if you think it is the pump , you can remove the hose coming out the pump and put a combonation vaccumm /fuel pressure tester gauge on the line and spin the motor over , you should see somewhere between 3-7 psi , you could also just unhook the line and let it flow into the air and see if anything is coming out of it

OP
OP
S

shadesofidaho

I don't think you can open that fuel pump , some of the old style pumps where servicable with a diapham in them and bolts holding it all together , those have a crimped band around them --------------Joe , I am have a little trouble understanding what you did , the way I would do it would be to get a gallon or so jug of diesel and remove the hose coming from the tank to the primer bulb inlet , put another hose on the primer bulb and into the jug and pump up the system , try and start and run the machine , if you think it is the pump , you can remove the hose coming out the pump and put a combonation vaccumm /fuel pressure tester gauge on the line and spin the motor over , you should see somewhere between 3-7 psi , you could also just unhook the line and let it flow into the air and see if anything is coming out of it
Fishfiles You are right pump is sealed.I did the same thing you are saying,sorry I dont explain very well.I will test fuel pressure when it quits snowing.My main problem is I never learned to type.Thanks again Joe