Bobcat 753 just stopped no electric power

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Johnj1411

My bobcat 753 has just died on me was running fine then just stopped no electric power
Battery is fully charged nothing when ignition it turned on no dash lights no buzzing
Can jump start it by shorting starter and it will run but have to hold the shut of valve open
Soon as i let go it stops machine
Ant ideas please

Fabricator

Fuses and fusible links? Multimeter or even a test light to see where power stops being there?

Scaping

My bobcat 753 has just died on me was running fine then just stopped no electric power
Battery is fully charged nothing when ignition it turned on no dash lights no buzzing
Can jump start it by shorting starter and it will run but have to hold the shut of valve open
Soon as i let go it stops machine
Ant ideas please
I rececntly went through similar situation with my 763. After unsuccessfully trying several things I replaced the battery cables and it started right up.

OP
OP
J

Johnj1411

Fuses and fusible links? Multimeter or even a test light to see where power stops being there?
Im not very experienced with electrical systems
Is there a main fuse ?
i was tugging out a tree root and had to jerk the machine a few times the last attempt the machine just shut down no power to dash just completely dead

brdgbldr

Im not very experienced with electrical systems
Is there a main fuse ?
i was tugging out a tree root and had to jerk the machine a few times the last attempt the machine just shut down no power to dash just completely dead
There is a 100 amp mega fuse. It is located above the battery.

OP
OP
J

Johnj1411

I have managed to run a cable from the battery to the ignition switch this then allows the machine to be started so i now know its the feed but need to trace it back is there a fuse and if so were is it
cant see a 100 amp fuse any near battery ?