Bobcat 743 spool valve rubber hose

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidRoe

In my experience, the charge pressure is typically enough to get things to leak, so you would not need much pressure - likely 80-100 psi would be more than enough. I think if you had a dry system, compressed air might be the way to test it. Connect to the outlet of the pump and cap the return line and motor case drains. Connect it through a regulator and increase the pressure slowly. Then look for air leaks with soapy water.

Just a thought...

jp8775

It still sounds like piston seals to me, and likely rod seals too, if I read this correctly. Had the same problem on the 773C, with bucket/Bobtach cylinder drift, aggravated by high loads. Seals fixed it right up. These machines are getting to that age...
But it is leaking fluid "out" around the valve body, I replaced the spool vale seals at the valves in front seals they are quad seals so hard to screw up and no fluid is leaking from the front. Seems to be coming from the under side of the valve body it runs down the side closest to the frame away from the hydrostatic. Its defiantly around the valve body so hard to look at it. Thats why I was wondering if I could just "T" into the bucket tilt lines with a electric pump and pressurize the line or will this hurt any thing? I have a electric hydro pump, 3200 psi 3.7 GPM with a 2 gallon tank. Could go in line with Bob tack tilt lines. It has a momentary switch so I can just bump it. Valves at the rear do not leak easy to see them from the engine compartment!

Latest posts