Bobcat 743 issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BrentB

I have a 1988 bobcat 743 I recently purchased, all has been well using it until today. I was pushing some brush up in a pile and spun around to get another tree forked, all of the sudden my right wheels began spinning backwards and wouldn't disengage so I shut the machine down. Now it won't start and the right wheels are still stuck engaged. Any info would be great on possible remedies.

reaperman

It could be something simple like something is wedged in the linkage. The same thing happened to me once. The lever would return to the normal position but somehow a chunk of wood wedged itself in the linkage keeping the wheels engaged. Pop the cab and follow the linkage.

OP
OP
B

BrentB

It could be something simple like something is wedged in the linkage. The same thing happened to me once. The lever would return to the normal position but somehow a chunk of wood wedged itself in the linkage keeping the wheels engaged. Pop the cab and follow the linkage.
Reaperman I'll go look at it again, I looked for obvious leaks and stuff yesterday but just like you said my controls all seem to act normal and return to normal position. Thanks!