Bobcat 641 repair some advice needen HURRY!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobbari123

we are repairing left rear shaft seal and there was little bit hyd oil disappearing somewhere before this shaft seal repair. when we started this repair today there was maybe little too much oil in chaincase but not a lot. we tried to run machine jacked up and no leakage spotted from drivemotors to chaincase, i think maybe i just leave them there now and continue drving and get back to it later. but machine keeps sometimes quite big noise when driving around. is there bronze filter in that hydraulic block in center bore in this machine too? i tried to check from bobcat site online parts catalog but i cant find it from there. i just think it would be good to check when machine is ripped parts now. and if there is can someone tell me what size o-ring fits there? need to get back to machine first think in morning so there is now 12hours time.

Tazza

Staff member
If there is a hidden bronze filter, you will have a square block on top of the hydraulic pump with three hoses on the left side. If there is just a large hoze going from the top of the pump to a block on the left side of the machine.
Now, the oil leak into the chain case. There is a seal behind where the drive motors mount, you will see it when you putt the motor off. To remove them, drill a small hole and screw in a self tapping screw and use pliers to lever it out. You are better off replacing both at once if you do the job.

OP
OP
B

bobbari123

If there is a hidden bronze filter, you will have a square block on top of the hydraulic pump with three hoses on the left side. If there is just a large hoze going from the top of the pump to a block on the left side of the machine.
Now, the oil leak into the chain case. There is a seal behind where the drive motors mount, you will see it when you putt the motor off. To remove them, drill a small hole and screw in a self tapping screw and use pliers to lever it out. You are better off replacing both at once if you do the job.
thanx for your quick reply. the block is same side than gas lever and big hose goes from there to the pump, so no bronze filter and thats the reason why i couldnt find it from parts book. i guess i need just check that there are no suction leaks. maybe it just is a bit noisy specially when driving smaller rpm and suddenly some resistance small stone in front of tire for example appearances. does anyone knows diameters of that lip seal which comes to the drive motor? would be much cheaper if can be found elsewhere than bobcat?

Tazza

Staff member
thanx for your quick reply. the block is same side than gas lever and big hose goes from there to the pump, so no bronze filter and thats the reason why i couldnt find it from parts book. i guess i need just check that there are no suction leaks. maybe it just is a bit noisy specially when driving smaller rpm and suddenly some resistance small stone in front of tire for example appearances. does anyone knows diameters of that lip seal which comes to the drive motor? would be much cheaper if can be found elsewhere than bobcat?
The seals from Bobat were not that expensive actually.
It is always louder at low speeds than higher ones.

OP
OP
B

bobbari123

The seals from Bobat were not that expensive actually.
It is always louder at low speeds than higher ones.
ok repair is now done. but the design of axle is quite crappy , you need to take bearings off too to change seal. but anyways you will need somekind of c- chaped rings to push axle seal in place , we did them from very strong alloy plate. and be careful not to damage the dust lip of axle seal.

Tazza

Staff member
ok repair is now done. but the design of axle is quite crappy , you need to take bearings off too to change seal. but anyways you will need somekind of c- chaped rings to push axle seal in place , we did them from very strong alloy plate. and be careful not to damage the dust lip of axle seal.
Yeah, the older one piece style was a pain, the newer ones were two pieces making seal replacement easy.
I actually used old bearing cups cut in half to seal the seal, but you do what you need to .