Bobcat 632 Auxiliary Hydraulics Leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Yetiman

Morning. New to the community and new owner of a very used Bobcat 632. Purchased mainly for some work around the yard. Anyways I have found that I have developed a small leak when running the engine at high RPM on what I believe to be the high pressure side of the auxiliary hydraulics. I think this is occurring at a JIC to NPTF bulkhead but can't really tell and doubt I will be able to tell till I take it apart / open it up and head to princess auto (Canadian equivalent to harbour freight) for parts. My question to the community is surrounds hydraulics. I am basically clueless and trying to prevent extra unnecessary work. If I open these joints do I need to depressurization the lines somehow if done when the machine is off? Will it bleed out? Will I need to purge air from the system after making the "repair"? I am sure these are probably simple questions, again just trying to prevent extra work. https://photos.app.goo.gl/yWoBkQ3xVVoLb6ND8 Thanks.

flyerdan

That looks like it might just be an O-ring on one of the aux coupler mountings, should be an easy fix.
With the engine off, just work the controls for the aux hydraulics and it should relax all the pressure, just like the lift and tilt circuits do. You'll only lose whatever fluid is in the line that runs out due to gravity, from the photo that won't be much. And air that's introduced will soon work out; there won't be much and it will sort itself.

OP
OP
Y

Yetiman

That looks like it might just be an O-ring on one of the aux coupler mountings, should be an easy fix.
With the engine off, just work the controls for the aux hydraulics and it should relax all the pressure, just like the lift and tilt circuits do. You'll only lose whatever fluid is in the line that runs out due to gravity, from the photo that won't be much. And air that's introduced will soon work out; there won't be much and it will sort itself.
Thanks for the reply. I took the joints apart and found the O ring in a pretty sad state so I will replace that. And like you said it didn't bleed out too much oil, nor was it under a high amount of pressure. Thanks for the help!