Bobcat 610 attachment compatibility questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bailey

Hi. I'm looking at purchasing a used Bobcat model 610 and have a couple of questions: 1. Is the quick disconnect bucket mounting used on this model mechanically compatible with modern attachments (assuming suitable hydraulic flow and weight ratings)? 2. The unit doesn't appear to have any aux hydraulic hoses towards the front, and doesn't have any obvious way to control an aux hydraulic attachment. Was this an option on the 610 and/or can something be retrofitted easily? 3. Anything else I should know about this unit? Thanks, Kirk Bailey

jerry

Hi, the 610 I owned had three pedals and the middle one controlled the auxilliary hyd. The lines were capped in the rear of the machine and I never used them. The quick attach worked well and the attachments I made for it fit on the 632 except that the 610 attach plate was a little narrower and the pin holes in the bottom had to be moved outward. All in all it did a lot of work around here but did require a lot of maintenance in the chain cases and clutches, but it had had a hard life. Jerry

OP
OP
B

bailey

Hi, the 610 I owned had three pedals and the middle one controlled the auxilliary hyd. The lines were capped in the rear of the machine and I never used them. The quick attach worked well and the attachments I made for it fit on the 632 except that the 610 attach plate was a little narrower and the pin holes in the bottom had to be moved outward. All in all it did a lot of work around here but did require a lot of maintenance in the chain cases and clutches, but it had had a hard life. Jerry
Thanks for the information. The unit does have the rear capped-off lines, and a middle pedal, so I think it might be the same setup. The Bobcats I've used have had the middle pedal be a parking break, instead of an aux control, so that was the source of my confusion. The owner thought the parking brake was an option that simply wasn't installed on this machine. The clutches do indeed need adjustment, and the control handle bushings (or something), certainly need attention as well. As far as I can tell the unit was never in commercial service and doesn't have a ton of hours, mostly just the depredations of age and weather.