Bobcat 530 gas

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Miketrev18

I have a 87 bobcat 530 that bogs under a load, I believe the carb is not set correctly. Does anyone know where the screws should be set. One of mine is bottomed out. Also when a push the left stick forward it bogs down and almost stalls. Any ideas?

mark18mwm

Typically, to adjust a carburetor you screw the screws in, then back them out 1 1/2 turns and then do your final adjustment and tuning from that point. i don't believe that it should be screwed in all the way, that will close off that passage in the carb usually leaning it out, meaning it won't get enough gas. Could be your trouble. Was it running good before with the adjustment screw all the way in, or was some one messing with it ? Sorry I can't help with the " bogging down" problem, but I have done some carb work.

Tazza

Staff member
Typically, to adjust a carburetor you screw the screws in, then back them out 1 1/2 turns and then do your final adjustment and tuning from that point. i don't believe that it should be screwed in all the way, that will close off that passage in the carb usually leaning it out, meaning it won't get enough gas. Could be your trouble. Was it running good before with the adjustment screw all the way in, or was some one messing with it ? Sorry I can't help with the " bogging down" problem, but I have done some carb work.
That is the same advise i was given years ago. All the way in, out 1 1/2 turns to at least get it going, then adjust it from there.
Does it have an external govenor? if it's not adjusted or working, it will cause stalling too.

That is the same advise i was given years ago. All the way in, out 1 1/2 turns to at least get it going, then adjust it from there.
Does it have an external govenor? if it's not adjusted or working, it will cause stalling too.
Kohler K582, yes it has a governor. It just totally bogs out whether traveling or lightly using the lift or tilt functions. I'm in the process of adjusting the valves, and tune up along with the fact I have the carb off cleaning it out. Thank You!

adsmith72

Kohler K582, yes it has a governor. It just totally bogs out whether traveling or lightly using the lift or tilt functions. I'm in the process of adjusting the valves, and tune up along with the fact I have the carb off cleaning it out. Thank You!
The points on these motors are very touchy. If they are off even a little they fall on there face under a load. I put a new carb on the one I had. you can find old new stock on ebay. I gave $100. for mine. Made a huge difference. Sometimes they are just to worn out. throttle shaft may be really loose. I think the 482,582,and 682 were all the same engines and most parts are enterchangable. John Deere used a lot of them. If you get a carb just make sure the choke and throttle come out of the correct side. I had to flip the throttle shaft on the one I bought and I remember it was a pain.

ryantowry_81

The points on these motors are very touchy. If they are off even a little they fall on there face under a load. I put a new carb on the one I had. you can find old new stock on ebay. I gave $100. for mine. Made a huge difference. Sometimes they are just to worn out. throttle shaft may be really loose. I think the 482,582,and 682 were all the same engines and most parts are enterchangable. John Deere used a lot of them. If you get a carb just make sure the choke and throttle come out of the correct side. I had to flip the throttle shaft on the one I bought and I remember it was a pain.
I know this is old but thank you adsmit72 for the advice on the points. My 530 was exhibiting similar traits and after reading this I do bad my tractor about 3 thousands out of spec and readjusted. Night and day difference. If you are ever in my neck of the woods I have a beer or drink of your choice waiting for you!!!