Bobcat 325 slow left hand track

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BobcatKW

No biggie except when putting it on the trailer, the right side is fine, but the left side is weak. Is this just an adjustment ?

Fishfiles

there is no adjustment , linkage could be worn out not allowing full travel of the spool ------------did you buy it used as the travel motor may have been changed before and the ratio is different , newer travle motor on older machines don't always have the same ratio , look at the travel motors and see if they are made the same ----------check the oil , drain , flush and refill both planetaries as a problem maybe starting ------one stage of the pump maybe weak as the right and left tracks are usually on different stages ( curcuits ) ------you may be able to determine this by swopping hoses around on the pump and see if the other track gets slow

OP
OP
B

BobcatKW

there is no adjustment , linkage could be worn out not allowing full travel of the spool ------------did you buy it used as the travel motor may have been changed before and the ratio is different , newer travle motor on older machines don't always have the same ratio , look at the travel motors and see if they are made the same ----------check the oil , drain , flush and refill both planetaries as a problem maybe starting ------one stage of the pump maybe weak as the right and left tracks are usually on different stages ( curcuits ) ------you may be able to determine this by swopping hoses around on the pump and see if the other track gets slow
Bought it at an auction, it has 1600 hours on it. I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks !

Fishfiles

Bought it at an auction, it has 1600 hours on it. I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks !
well then I would give it a 90 percent chance you have two different travel motors , you just got to get use to compensating for the slower one till the other side goes out

OP
OP
B

BobcatKW

well then I would give it a 90 percent chance you have two different travel motors , you just got to get use to compensating for the slower one till the other side goes out
Here's a new wrinkle, it is fine going forward, only going in reverse is slow.

Fishfiles

Can you check your linkages? its possible one is worn, not allowing to to go full speed forward?
that's right , it must be linkage if it will go faster one way than the other -----is your 325 made where there is a pillow block bolted to the floor and the travel lever pivots on it , those pillow blocks wear out and allow slack

OP
OP
B

BobcatKW

that's right , it must be linkage if it will go faster one way than the other -----is your 325 made where there is a pillow block bolted to the floor and the travel lever pivots on it , those pillow blocks wear out and allow slack
Yes, there is a pillow block, I have not been over to the yard to look at it, I've been busy breaking the 763(hoses, This should be the last original hydr. line) I'll pass this info to my mechanic, poor bastard also works on the trucks, forklifts and my 22 year old boat ! thanks again !