bob cat 631 no hydraulics where to start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mitchel.

Hello, Seen a bob cat 631 the guy selling its a machinery trader by the looks of it says it was working two weeks ago has pictures of it in yard with bucket up and lifting its own weight now says he started it last week and none of the hydraulics will work so has vastly reduced price says he wants it gone as wants the money out of it. tempted to go have a look but not sure what to look for any suggestions? or should i just pass it up as bad idea

Tazza

Staff member
It could be the universal joint between the motor and pump. If it's gone, nothing will work, no lift/tilt or drive

OP
OP
M

mitchel.

It could be the universal joint between the motor and pump. If it's gone, nothing will work, no lift/tilt or drive
the guy i think was trying to explain that to me sounds about right is it hard to change?

Hotrod1830

the guy i think was trying to explain that to me sounds about right is it hard to change?
Not hard to change. I changed one in my old 632( same machine, different engine)
Easiest to pull the engine. Coming out is the easy part. I do them by myself, But it is easier to have another person around to help install engine and line up joint.
I ordered a aftermarket joint set and found out they have the grease zerk on the trunion. It looked like it would be impossible to grease when installed. So I threw it in the tool box and ordered a O.E. Bobcat joint set. They have the zerks on the cap. Much easier to grease when in the machine.

Tazza

Staff member
Not hard to change. I changed one in my old 632( same machine, different engine)
Easiest to pull the engine. Coming out is the easy part. I do them by myself, But it is easier to have another person around to help install engine and line up joint.
I ordered a aftermarket joint set and found out they have the grease zerk on the trunion. It looked like it would be impossible to grease when installed. So I threw it in the tool box and ordered a O.E. Bobcat joint set. They have the zerks on the cap. Much easier to grease when in the machine.
Not hard to do, takes time and a little elbow grease, a helper will make it go faster though.
Remove the engine, replace U-joints, put in place and slide in while holding up the U-joint, this is where the helper is an asset.

sterlclan

Not hard to do, takes time and a little elbow grease, a helper will make it go faster though.
Remove the engine, replace U-joints, put in place and slide in while holding up the U-joint, this is where the helper is an asset.
check that the right handle isn't locked into aux position,if it is the lift and tilt will be compromised.