BICS????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DslDan

Ok had my 753h out today and it locked up like the arm rest ws up or brake was on and all the lights on the BICS were flashing.....I can shut it off and restart and get a few feet with it very slowly. Is there a way to bypass all this or is the BICS screwed or something bigger?? thanks for any help Dan

skidsteer.ca

Both the park pin and the lift and tilt lock were enguaged.
all lights flashing= look for milky color around the indicator lights, = moisture in the controller.
Fix is try to dry it out or replace.
search Bics
there is some previous discussions on how to disenguage the brake, (requires removing 2 bolds and a hose clamp to bypass) and how to bypass the lift and tilt function lock. (run a switched power wire to the lock valve solinoid)
Ken

skidsteer.ca

Both the park pin and the lift and tilt lock were enguaged.
all lights flashing= look for milky color around the indicator lights, = moisture in the controller.
Fix is try to dry it out or replace.
search Bics
there is some previous discussions on how to disenguage the brake, (requires removing 2 bolds and a hose clamp to bypass) and how to bypass the lift and tilt function lock. (run a switched power wire to the lock valve solinoid)
Ken
oh here is another spot in the manual regarding all lights flashing every 3.25 seconds
"volts greater then 16 or less then 9"
so check your alternator output
Ken

OP
OP
D

DslDan

oh here is another spot in the manual regarding all lights flashing every 3.25 seconds
"volts greater then 16 or less then 9"
so check your alternator output
Ken
I'll check voltage tommorow. the volts guage was alittle high. what would cause it to over charge?

skidsteer.ca

A bad regulator could do this.
BTW if you need a new regulator for your "mando" korean alternator, the local starter shop told me they were about $50, the same price as a fully rebuilt 60 amp delco 1 wire alternator that will bolt right in its place.
Mine was overcharging at 15.3 volts (no bics trouble, But cooked 2 year old battery) Since the bearing were rough to I retired it for a "cheap to fix common as nails" delco
My 853 had a 5/8 wide v belt, so I had to die grind 2 little flat spots out of the bore of the mando pulley so I could use it on the delco. I also had to put a extra washer behind the pulley to keep from crushing the fan.
Other then that it was easy.
Ken

OP
OP
D

DslDan

BTW if you need a new regulator for your "mando" korean alternator, the local starter shop told me they were about $50, the same price as a fully rebuilt 60 amp delco 1 wire alternator that will bolt right in its place.
Mine was overcharging at 15.3 volts (no bics trouble, But cooked 2 year old battery) Since the bearing were rough to I retired it for a "cheap to fix common as nails" delco
My 853 had a 5/8 wide v belt, so I had to die grind 2 little flat spots out of the bore of the mando pulley so I could use it on the delco. I also had to put a extra washer behind the pulley to keep from crushing the fan.
Other then that it was easy.
Ken
thanks for the advise I'll try and get it in the shop this afternoon and check with a meter. It sure looks like a real PITA to get the alt. out of this thing. Any tricks?

skidsteer.ca

thanks for the advise I'll try and get it in the shop this afternoon and check with a meter. It sure looks like a real PITA to get the alt. out of this thing. Any tricks?
853 has Isuzu diesel so its different, but not as bad as it looks i found,
Try hard not to drop anything, (i did find my wrench but it took awhile :O ) I had to adjust the brace strap slightly up as the delco has a larger case, it was easy on mine because it had only one bolt at the engine end, but yours may be different. But check volts first
Ken

T-Dawg

I just had a similar problem start for me today on my 763C. Only my machine won't start. You turn the key on and the lights start blinking and then when the plug timer is done I went to start it and all I heard was clicking. My rear window has been missing for a little while and it snow before I could replace it. My first thought was that when the snow melted it got the BICS damp. Upon further review I've discover that as soon I turn the key on and the glow plugs cycle starts there is a 20 amp fuse that blows. The waterproof casing for the fuse is bolted up near the glow plugs so I'm hoping I just have a bad glow plug that shorting out the fuse.

Latest posts