Bent Axles

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member

Ok, the story is:
I got a 743 from auction a month or 2 back, it "fell off the back of a truck" no, really!
It broke both lift arm ram sticks, blew out 1 tyre, bent 1 rim, 2 bent back axles and put a nice size dent in the engine bay floor. It really isn't a pleasant sight for any bobcat lover.
Has any one attempted to straighten bent axles? well, its not specifically the axle its the steel tube that comes out of the chassis that the axle goes through. The wheels spin in a straight line but the 2 rear ones kind of bend in like / \ but not that bad. I really don't want to have to heat them unless i have no other choice. There isn't anywhere strong enough to mount a hydraulic jack on the frame to push them back down. All i can think of is a really strong base, chain the axles down and put a jack under the chain case to try and pull the axles down. I have no idea what i can use that would handle the pressure i would need...

sterlclan

having done autobody work for years you need to chain the axles to the floor when I pouredmy garage floor I put pots in the floor for just such a use how about a length of channel with the chain attached to the end and the jack in the middle good luck Jeff

sterlclan

having done autobody work for years you need to chain the axles to the floor when I pouredmy garage floor I put pots in the floor for just such a use how about a length of channel with the chain attached to the end and the jack in the middle good luck Jeff
you might want to check with the local autobody shop any decent frame machine should be able to do this pull shouldnt be very costly we used to charge 1 hr for set up and sounds like about an hour of labor to pull Jeff