Belle 761 skid steer oils?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jeffg

Hi guys I'm new here I've done a bit of searching but no real straight answer so thought id ask I have a used belle bobcat and I'm replacing a few hydraulic lines and thought I'd replace the fluid in the owners manual it says you can use 15w/40 engine oil is that correct or do you need hydraulic oil? Any input greatly appreciated thanks

Bobcatdan

15w40 is for the engine, not the hydraulic system. You use to be able to use 10w30 in the hydraulic system, but oil formulas have changed that it is not recommended. A lot of guys still do with little problem. Technically, bobcat brand hydraulic/ hydrostatic fluid is the only thing recommended. A good project for Old Machinist is to look threw earlier G series manuals, there use to be a chart listing other oils that could be used. It could be a good reference for people.

OldMachinist

15w40 is for the engine, not the hydraulic system. You use to be able to use 10w30 in the hydraulic system, but oil formulas have changed that it is not recommended. A lot of guys still do with little problem. Technically, bobcat brand hydraulic/ hydrostatic fluid is the only thing recommended. A good project for Old Machinist is to look threw earlier G series manuals, there use to be a chart listing other oils that could be used. It could be a good reference for people.
Since you don't have a Bobcat skid steer you need to follow what your manual says. I don't know anything about the Belle brand. I will be moving the thread to the all other brands area.